Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Helppp I weigh 186
Previous  1  2

tulip3

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:04 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
1. Weekly or more often weigh ins

2.Healthy filling food:

Vegetables and fruits
easy to grab and go, nuts, beans, chickpeas, protein shakes
Oatmeal with berries for breakfast or a protein shake
Tuna, salmon, chicken or meat once or twice a day with a big salad

water only with a splash of lemon or citrus to add flavor

3. Move for 30 Minutes a day

Oatmeal with fruit is not a good idea alone. You need to add a protein and fat, otherwise you're blood sugar will spike and crash and you'll be hungry and exhausted and crave things at night. Tuna, salmon and chicken or meat is great but once a day is not enough protein.
Make sure you add a healthy fat to the salad if there's no fat in the protein.

#3 I agree with Smile

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:05 pm
tulip3 wrote:
Oatmeal with fruit is not a good idea alone. You need to add a protein and fat, otherwise you're blood sugar will spike and crash and you'll be hungry and exhausted and crave things at night. Tuna, salmon and chicken or meat is great but once a day is not enough protein.
Make sure you add a healthy fat to the salad if there's no fat in the protein.

#3 I agree with Smile

Good to know

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:15 pm
K so basically by each meal I need protein and fat for sure. Then a healthy carb like carrots. Pasta, bread, rice are big no nos. Eekkkk this is gonna be rough! I’m a big girl I can do this! Bh so far have 8800 steps hoping to get to 15k by end of day. I should really start strength training a little each day and build up. Also, what’s more important for weight loss diet or exercise?

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:21 pm
Diet keeping the consistency and add 2 walks a day morning and after dinner helps tons
A family nightly walk
3 regular exercise workouts during the week

dats me

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
K so basically by each meal I need protein and fat for sure. Then a healthy carb like carrots. Pasta, bread, rice are big no nos. Eekkkk this is gonna be rough! I’m a big girl I can do this! Bh so far have 8800 steps hoping to get to 15k by end of day. I should really start strength training a little each day and build up. Also, what’s more important for weight loss diet or exercise?

Diet is a lot more important than exercise when it comes to weight loss and keeping it off. (However exercise is very beneficial and healthy for lots of other reasons.)

tulip3

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

Sweet potato is another carb idea, 4 oz. It's really amounts more then the item. You could overdo oatmeal and sweet potato too and then your calories are too high.
A quarter of your plate should be protein, other quarter should be a carb-quinea, sweet potato, oatmeal, parsnips. Half the plate should be non starchy veggies.

Exercise is great too but how many changes can you implement at once? You don't want to overdo anything so that you don't burn out and get overwhelmed.

BmoreBubby

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:59 pm
Yes, it is possible to lose 1-2 lbs per week and keep it off. There are 32 weeks until RH so yes you can do it.

But the only way to do it is to count your calories, period. Yes, you should eat a balanced nutritious diet but for weight loss, it's ultimately about how many calories you eat v. burn. And the body has built-in hunger hormones that will trick you into maintaining your current weight unless you actively over-rule them, and the only way to do that is by counting calories. I am not an expert and I know that people can get expert help from a registered dietitian who will basically count the calories for you and tell you exactly what to eat each day. But they can be expensive, so if you want to do it yourself, you can use a book like Diet and Fitness Journal or if you want a Torah-based approach, try Body & Soul.

amother
Brass

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 1:35 pm
Hi op I’m writing back late. I suggested the carb and sugar cleanse just for 3 days so get rid of cravings. I see you wrote you at nibs (very relatable cuz I love twizzlers) I’m surprised no one else wrote this - get rid of everything tempting . If you have it in your home you will eat it! That’s so so important!

BmoreBubby

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 1:46 pm
amother Brass wrote:
Hi op I’m writing back late. I suggested the carb and sugar cleanse just for 3 days so get rid of cravings. I see you wrote you at nibs (very relatable cuz I love twizzlers) I’m surprised no one else wrote this - get rid of everything tempting . If you have it in your home you will eat it! That’s so so important!

100% agree with this. As my dh likes to say, the real battle is in the supermarket.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise