Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pandas Abx 30 Days

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 6:53 pm
My dc has had suspected pandas (less extreme symptoms but they are there) for almost a year. My pediatrician isn’t into it, and has only given me abx if active strep (which there’s been a few times this week already.)

Dc recently had strep, flared, improved with abx for 10 days and I got in with a provider on telehealth who treats it. They said I should do another 20 days of abx (last dose of original abx was Sunday) and I’m completely freaking out. It also doesn’t help that my dc is refusing because hates the taste.

I’m curious if other imas saw improvement with 30 days?

Im so nervous to do the wrong thing. Especially because dc has been on abx sporadically throughout the year for strep and ear infections

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 6:56 pm
I’ve had more success with herbal blends from woodland than prolonged antibiotics. We’ve done both.
They have a few formulas meant for pandas kids. You can email them for help. This is what we’ve used and see great success with.

https://woodlandessence.com/pr....._ss=r

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 6:57 pm
One of my kids was on ABX for 4 months and the other one was on it for nearly a year.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 6:58 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
I’ve had more success with herbal blends from woodland than prolonged antibiotics. We’ve done both.
They have a few formulas meant for pandas kids. You can email them for help. This is what we’ve used and see great success with.

Thanks so much - do you know how it works with hechsher?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:00 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
One of my kids was on ABX for 4 months and the other one was on it for nearly a year.

Did you have any negative side effects? Did it help? I don’t know why I’m freaking out

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much - do you know how it works with hechsher?

Aylor. It’s medical for us so we are allowed. Antibiotics don’t have a hechsher either.

You are right about being worried about extended antibiotics use.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Did you have any negative side effects? Did it help? I don’t know why I’m freaking out

It cures pandas. The ones I know who went on for a while depending on how long they needed, were cured for life.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:15 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
It cures pandas.

lol no it doesn’t. it would be so nice if it did.

Pandas has underlying reasons. Antibiotics are a nice bandaid.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:30 pm
The biggest mistake people make when treating pandas is coming off treatment too soon. Or starting and stopping. Because they think their child is better, but then they regress again. Stopping gives the bacteria a chance to grow right back, and the immune system never forgets its mistake. Whatever route you choose to take, stick with it for a looong time. Yes, even antibiotics. Saying this as a very crunchy parent who learned this the unfortunate way.

Personally, we've seen good success with 30 days of antibiotics and then switching to the herbal protocol listed above, or stephen buhners pandas protocol of cryptolepis, Chinese skullcap and kudzu. For at least another 6 months to a year.

Antibiotics have downsides, but unchecked brain inflammation isn't risk free either.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:05 pm
Antibiotics are a gift from hashem.I have relatives (recently not ancient history) who are dead because of strep. Other's with organ damage-from strep. Antibiotics can heal if used properly! Of course my children with pandas have been treated with long term Antibiotics, up to a yr. We followed a professional doctor with full medical treatment. Including vitamins and probiotics. And other medical guidance for the secondary diagnosis that came from the pandas. Bh.a have healthy grown children. With pandas in the past
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics