Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Diaper for son who outgrew regular diapers

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:21 pm
He makes so much at night that he was leaking through the pull ups so we have to stick with diapers. Any suggestions of diapers to get that are for larger sized child that’s not almost a dollar a diaper? And that won’t leak?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:25 pm
Parents choice (walmart brand) goes to size 7, if that helps. My (too big) daughter uses them for at night, and it works for us.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:28 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Parents choice (walmart brand) goes to size 7, if that helps. My (too big) daughter uses them for at night, and it works for us.

He outgrew that TMI

Gneshe

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:56 pm
Goodnites
$.56 - $.70/each on Amazon depending on size and pkg count.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:13 pm
Why is he drinking so much close to bedtime?

amother
Denim

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:05 pm
I am not the OP but I have a son who is wearing a large size goodnites and he doesnt drink for 3 hours before bedtime. Weve tried it all and came to terms with it, its not always about how much they drink.

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:08 pm
is potty training an option right now?

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:08 pm
The good ones are expensive. How old is the kid and do they have a diagnosis. At one point I was able to get sleepovers on insurance but then they stopped covering those and started sending generics which my kid refused to wear. But even the generics were pretty good regarding leaking.

amother
Dill

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 2:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
He outgrew that TMI

Pampers Swaddlers and Huggies Little Movers both have a size 8, if you can believe it.

behappy2

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 2:31 pm
Put down an absorbable sheet. That would help somewhat.

DrMom

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 2:41 pm
Maybe out down a chux pad?

Or use a waterproof matress cover and just launder every day?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 3:08 pm
He doesn’t like feeling like he leaked. He’ll wake me up when that happens.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 3:13 pm
Yes, please don't do that. As someone who wet the bed all the time as a kid and had no control over it (and they didn't have older kid diapers back then), ugh it was awful to wake up in the middle of the night soaking wet. In my 40s now and still cringe when I remember that feeling.

I've found that putting on a pull-up with a slightly-too-small diaper on top can help hold in some leaks. Not sure if you would save that much money doing that.

Goodnights also worked for us.

And my son who did this until age 7+ is now a teenager and doesn't even realize he was "late" in being able to do this. I know because he was talking about it recently. We didn't make a big deal about it at the time because I was told it was genetic, and I knew how awful and embarassing it could feel. As a parent, though, it feels like it will never end...

So kudos on doing what's best for your child.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 3:24 pm
amother Plum wrote:
Yes, please don't do that. As someone who wet the bed all the time as a kid and had no control over it (and they didn't have older kid diapers back then), ugh it was awful to wake up in the middle of the night soaking wet. In my 40s now and still cringe when I remember that feeling.

I've found that putting on a pull-up with a slightly-too-small diaper on top can help hold in some leaks. Not sure if you would save that much money doing that.

Goodnights also worked for us.

And my son who did this until age 7+ is now a teenager and doesn't even realize he was "late" in being able to do this. I know because he was talking about it recently. We didn't make a big deal about it at the time because I was told it was genetic, and I knew how awful and embarassing it could feel. As a parent, though, it feels like it will never end...

So kudos on doing what's best for your child.

He’s leaking through good nights too. Did you train him eventually or he just started staying dry on his own?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:04 pm
I didn't train him. His three year old brother started wearing underwear at night, then another younger sibling did, and he suddenly became very very motivated and asked me if he could prove to me that he could keep a diaper dry all night, could he wear underwear too. I told him of course, if it's dry for a week. It took a lot of effort, but he did it! I know that makes it sound like more of a motivational thing than a physiological thing, but...in my case I knew it wasn't, so I'm glad I erred on the side of caution.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:43 pm
Did you try doubling up and cutting a slit in first one?

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 5:46 pm
Ninjamas are expensive but worth it. I made my 10 year old son wear them over Pesach because I didn’t want to be washing his bed linen. He’s an adorable wonderful child but BIG and pees in his bed. All the other “diapers” hurt him and are too small on him.

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 6:38 pm
I used to use one of those pads on the bed like they have in hospitals. then my son was able to take care of himself. if he leaked at night he tossed the pull up and the pad. put on new pull ups and new pad and good as new.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics