Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
S/O of “chill lkwd school” & “Oros” threads
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:39 am
amother Crimson wrote:
I could have written this! It took a very long time to get used to all the societal "rules" here, especially because most of them made no sense to me (still don't).

Just to weigh in on the BY driving rules in particular, I have to say the rules make no sense to me. It's not like if you start letting your 11th graders get licenses soon your 10th graders are going to want licenses too, and then your 9th graders etc etc. Literally most girls can't legally drive until they're at the end of 11th grade (or beginning of 12th). Just seems like a silly thing to make a big issue out of... But then again I'm not really from Lakewood so I probably don't get it.

What are the societal rules of Lakewood? I'm just curious

GLUE

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 12:11 pm
I grew up here
Moved out
Came back

Every place has Pro's and Con's you just hear about Lakewood more because such a large group of people who live in Lakewood are on Imamother so there are more threads about Lakewood then other place's.

I have lived in other places and I have found some places the driving is worse.
The big problem in Lakewood is that it's not build with children in mind. That is why kids play on the street, many places have no place else where. There is very little infrastructure for non-drivers. Even sidewalks are build more with drivers in mind then people using them.
There is more mass transit in this town then most people realize it, however trying to find out about where buses run when they run ect... is not easy. It sometimes feels like nobody wants anyone else to use alternative forms of transportation.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 12:14 pm
GLUE wrote:
I grew up here
Moved out
Came back

Every place has Pro's and Con's you just hear about Lakewood more because such a large group of people who live in Lakewood are on Imamother so there are more threads about Lakewood then other place's.

I have lived in other places and I have found some places the driving is worse.
The big problem in Lakewood is that it's not build with children in mind. That is why kids play on the street, many places have no place else where. There is very little infrastructure for non-drivers. Even sidewalks are build more with drivers in mind then people using them.
There is more mass transit in this town then most people realize it, however trying to find out about where buses run when they run ect... is not easy. It sometimes feels like nobody wants anyone else to use alternative forms of transportation.

That's not the issue. The issue is that it's a small suburb that exploded into a big city. It was never designed to have that many people on the road and stores/housing. The roads are not equipped for all the people. As far as I know kids in Lakewood have yards, parks and sidewalks.

GLUE

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 12:25 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
That's not the issue. The issue is that it's a small suburb that exploded into a big city. It was never designed to have that many people on the road and stores/housing. The roads are not equipped for all the people. As far as I know kids in Lakewood have yards, parks and sidewalks.

Most of the neighborhood parks are not for bikes, basketball,other ball games.
How big are the yards you are talking about? Many places you can not play a game of elimination in them.
You are right that the town started off as a suburb. However it is not now and the town should start helping people use alternative forms of transportation.
There are many places that do not have sidewalks. Other places that have only on one side of the road and many places that the sidewalks start and stop along the street. Many new places that have to put in sidewalks do more for the cars then the people using them. When sidewalks go up and down to accommodate driveways or are build with a large slant for cars. That makes it harder to walk on them and you can see who the priority is.

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 12:43 am
amother Maroon wrote:
It’s all relative. I moved to Lakewood from a different city that was traumatizing. BH my kids are thriving and I’m happy with my personal experiences.

What was traumatizing ?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics