Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Philly PA

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 6:02 pm
Hi is Philly a good place to vacation?
Looking for kosher food and activities to do with kids as a family.
Thank you

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 6:21 pm
Perfect. We vacation there often

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 9:28 pm
Can you please post the kosher food available? Meat preferred.

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 9:35 pm
Can anyone give ideas for restaurants, minyanim, activities, attractions?

the world's best mom

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 11:10 pm
Food:
House of Kosher is a grocery with a fleishig take out counter and a pizza counter.
Brazillian BBQ and Judah's Mediterranean Grill and Shtetl are fleishig restaurants.
For pizza, there's Slices and Rolls in Bala Cynwyd and Shalom's Pizzeria is near there too.

Miyanim:
In the Northeast, there Ahavas Torah and the Beth Medrash Harav Bnai Jacob (which is generally referred to as the shteeble or Yolis or Lazertowsk's shul) and B'nai Israel and Chabad and a Sefardi shul. There's also a Young Israel in Elkins Park. There is at least one Young Israel in Bala Cynwyd, plus I'm sure more shuls.

Activities/attractions:
Not sure if you want child friendly stuff or for adults. I am more familiar with the kiddie stuff.

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 11:32 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
Food:
House of Kosher is a grocery with a fleishig take out counter and a pizza counter.
Brazillian BBQ and Judah's Mediterranean Grill and Shtetl are fleishig restaurants.
For pizza, there's Slices and Rolls in Bala Cynwyd and Shalom's Pizzeria is near there too.

Miyanim:
In the Northeast, there Ahavas Torah and the Beth Medrash Harav Bnai Jacob (which is generally referred to as the shteeble or Yolis or Lazertowsk's shul) and B'nai Israel and Chabad and a Sefardi shul. There's also a Young Israel in Elkins Park. There is at least one Young Israel in Bala Cynwyd, plus I'm sure more shuls.

Activities/attractions:
Not sure if you want child friendly stuff or for adults. I am more familiar with the kiddie stuff.

Thank you so much! Kids stuff

the world's best mom

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 10:37 am
The Philadelphia Zoo is great, the Please Touch Museum, Franklin Institute. Core Creek Park is a beautiful park with boating and playgrounds and grassy areas. I'm trying to think of what else we've been to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics