Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Driving permit in NJ

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 12:44 am
What’s the advantage/ disadvantage to getting a permit at 16 vs in NJ? Trying to figure this out with my oldest kid…

amother
Oak

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 5:24 am
If you want them to be able to get a license at 17...
Are you planning on having them drive in highschool? (Dare I say: does their school allow it?)

Insurance is more expensive on a younger kid, and then need official drivers Ed hours vs if they're older (might be 21 but not sure) you can teach them yourself.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 7:02 am
amother Oak wrote:
If you want them to be able to get a license at 17...
Are you planning on having them drive in highschool? (Dare I say: does their school allow it?)

Insurance is more expensive on a younger kid, and then need official drivers Ed hours vs if they're older (might be 21 but not sure) you can teach them yourself.

Thanks! Do you know if there’s dif requirements for getting a license at 17 bs 18? It’s for my son and his school allows it and many of his friends are getting permits but I understand he’d need six hours of driving lessons now. How many hours of driving would he need for his license at 17 vs 18?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries