Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sleep study

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 11:06 am
Has anyone done a sleep study on their toddler and what were the reasons? Did it help anything? Already went to ENT who ruled out enlarged adenoids etc everything seemed fine all though sleep apnea would only be seen with sleep study he said. I notice sometimes sleeps w mouth open. Tia.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 11:40 am
My son had a sleep study done when he was almost 2. We were concerned because he would wake up extremely pale, slept with his mouth opened, and made a lot of noise when sleeping. Turns out he had severe sleep apnea. He had his tonsils and adenoids removed and a follow up sleep study was MUCH better but still showed mild sleep apnea.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 11:43 am
My son is having his tonsils and adenoids out in 2 weeks iyH. His sleep study showed sleep apnea but I suspected it as he snores really loud, has very large tonsils and is always tired.

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:14 pm
I did it with a 16 month old. It was really really hard. We got the minimum hours they needed all broken up. He had severe sleep apnea and we had his tonsil and adenoids removed and tunes put in. I never did the follow up sleep study because I refused to go through it again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics