Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Any hope for stained dress?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 6:52 pm
I found a beautiful dress in the 5 year old bin that www worn by my older dd several years ago.
Despite my checking clothes before putting them away, this lovely dress (polyester) has a big yellow stain.
I already did stain out (with dawn power wash)
and soak and wash and it didn’t come out.

Should I accept it’s ruined or try again with ???

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 6:55 pm
https://I.imgur.com/2CfG96z.jpeg

amother
Calendula

Soak in oxyclean

amother
OP

Anyone have good experiences with “the pink stuff?”

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 7:04 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
Soak in oxyclean

This

zaq

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 7:08 pm
Try bleach. Worst that can happen is the bleach ruins the dress, but the dress is already ruined. Best that can happen is the stain comes out and the dress is saved. You don't lose either way.

If you LOOOOOVE the dress and the stain is on the front and doesn't cover a huge area, you can conceal the spot by sewing or ironing on an applique or fake flower.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 7:22 pm
I just got yellow stains out of old baby clothing by putting clorox2 for for colors on the stain and then soaking in a solution of Clorox 2 and hot water for a few hours and washing on a hot cycle with detergent (All) and Clorox2 added. I didn't this 3 times and most stains disappeared.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 7:52 pm
try soaking in nature bright made by shaklee I’ve had success with tht in the past . and also make a mix of hydrogen peroxide and blue dawn dish soap in a spray bottle and spray with tht. I find tht takes out loads of stains very well. do you know what the stain is from?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 8:24 pm
Thanks everyone! I have a lot of good ideas!

(I don’t know what the stain is from).

Usually I do one stain out treatment and then give up if it doesn’t work but the dress is lovely so I’m glad I have these ideas!

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 8:40 pm
I’ve gotten similar looking stains out by spraying with dreft and tide stain remover spray and then covering with oxyclean powder and rubbing it in. Leave for a few days and then wash.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 2:07 pm
Thanks again for so many great options.

I'm so glad to have these ideas in my cleaning arsenal and hopefully the dress will come out!

renslet

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 3:29 pm
I pour dawn and oxi powder and make a paste and scrub on the stain them a bit of tide. I them pour hot water from the kettle on top. Leave it to soak for a while and then wash normally. Everything comes off
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry