Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/o stuff you misunderstood as a little kid
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 11:58 pm
When I was little I asked my parents about where babies come from and they told me mommies and tatties make them with Hashem's help. So I thought every night when I'm sleeping Hashem is coming to the house to work on this project with my parents and I tried so hard to stay awake at night hoping I would be able to catch one of Hashem's visits and see what kind of work went into this.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 11:59 pm
I thought once you get married your parents are not your parents anymore just friends and you can call them by their names, not have to listen to them etc. Not sure why as I grew up with both sets of grandparents...

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 11:59 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
When I was little I asked my parents about where babies come from and they told me mommies and tatties make them with Hashem's help. So I thought every night when I'm sleeping Hashem is coming to the house to work on this project with my parents and I tried so hard to stay awake at night hoping I would be able to catch one of Hashem's visits and see what kind of work went into this.

LOL

JasmineDragon

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:00 am
I thought the emergency room was a room in the house we never went into. Apparently being told "Careful! We don't want to have to go to the emergency room!" sounded like the room was in our house, not in the hospital.

I also pictured a blind date as people sitting in a restaurant wearing blindfolds.

michimochi

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:06 am
Had a theory with my sister that when a song someone was thinking of came on the radio, it was because their brain waves got converted to radio waves.

synthy

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:10 am
I vividly remember my nursery teacher asking another teacher to “keep an eye” on her students in the playground while she left for a minute. Boy was I freaked out.

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:11 am
synthy wrote:
I vividly remember my nursery teacher asking another teacher to “keep an eye” on her students in the playground while she left for a minute. Boy was I freaked out.

Or when I heard the expression the apple of her eye I always imagined little apples in this persons eye

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:12 am
I had a doll with a white battery pack in its back. I thought that’s what a neshama was and that mine looked like that too. 😂

michimochi

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:12 am
That when a person dies, their soul comes out of their body as a blue "spirit," like Megara in Disney's Hercules.

michimochi

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:14 am
That the stock market was a place. I'm sure I'm not alone in this one!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:19 am
Slightly more embarrassing but my preschool teacher had a baby with Down syndrome. She brought her to school to show her off. I never met another person with Down syndrome until I was older so it took me a few years to realize that Down syndrome isn’t when Hashem gives a couple a Chinese baby by mistake (probably took until second or third grade)

#BestBubby

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:21 am
I grew up in the olden days before seminary was mandatory.

We had a class of " student teachers" observing our second grade class. One "student teacher" was giving us a model lesson and asked:

"Who knows what seminary is?"

I was so proud that I was the only girl who knew.
I said very loudly:

"It's a place where you bury people!"

All the grown ups plotzed!

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:27 am
I thought Israel was hanging in the air with four poles connected to the sky. Cuz you only go by plane and the plane takes you up there.

I had a genius plan of ordering tons of checks and writing million dollars on every single one so I’m a millionaire. No one told me it needs backing

mfb

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:29 am
Love these. Keep them coming! They are all so cute!

#BestBubby

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:32 am
I thought it was smarter to use electronics that plugged into the outlet because batteries cost money

But I thought electricity was free.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 1:52 am
amother Trillium wrote:
Reminds me of how when DD was born, 4 year old DS asked how they knew she was a girl - "oh, I know! Because she has short hair!"

Not to derail with this typical Imamother comment LOL but, this is a common question. I remember looking at my baby pics and asking my mother, how do you know I was a girl? To which she (being old fashioned) replied, "Oh, you looked like a girl." I remember being very worried for a long time that I was really a boy but no-one knew cuz they had decided my face looked more girly. Even more so because my newborn pics look very similar to my brother's; I couldn't understand why they thought he looked more like a boy and I looked more like a girl. Ladies, please tell your kids the REAL reason you know your baby is a boy/girl! Wink

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 2:03 am
My neighbor thought men give birth to animals because he saw a man in the hospital holding lots of stuffed animals.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 2:41 am
We had a voicemail that could be heard as it was being left.
I use to think that the people could hear us just like we could hear them so would shush my siblings when someone was leaving a VM that they shouldn't know we were in but didn't answer for them.

This is a dead give away to any sisters on here...
We would shout to our seminary girls who were vacuuming that they were wasting our Vacuum. LOL

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 2:52 am
My mother always told me to look away when non-Jewish couples or the prince and princess in Disney movies kissed. She would say “it’s not nice, don’t look” and not explain further. So I grew up thinking that kissing isn’t a Jewish thing and I was never going to kiss a boy on the lips. I very proudly educated my best friend on the matter when the topic arose and we both bemoaned the fact that we’ll never know what it’s like to kiss a boy.
We decided to kiss each other to see what we’re missing out on. We kissed and ultimately decided that we weren’t missing out on much after all LOL LOL LOL

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 3:38 am
I used to think the "hoover dam" was a curse word LOL
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics