Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Where are the funny posters?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 10:24 pm
NechaMom wrote:
I'm still laughing my way through life except when I trip on a stone and lose a tooth but I got myself unaddicted from imamother! I blocked loads of forums so the home page should be boring. I still check in but way less than before and that's a good thing!

wow wow - kol hakovod - good for you!
maybe I can try to emulate.....

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 10:29 pm
NechaMom wrote:
I'm still laughing my way through life except when I trip on a stone and lose a tooth but I got myself unaddicted from imamother! I blocked loads of forums so the home page should be boring. I still check in but way less than before and that's a good thing!

I was actually wondering where you were and missing you! You were a regular non anonymous poster

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 10:33 pm
amother Maple wrote:
You're teething? Poor thing! Tell your mommy to rub some alcohol on your gums. Orajel for infants helps too.

It's those baby brides the mothers were shopping for. I should have known they would be making their way onto this website. After all they're married now.

NechaMom

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 10:47 pm
amother Petunia wrote:
We all noticed that you're here less! How do you deal with the FOMO?

I really think the trick is not to actually leave but to block loads of forums. If you decide to leave cold turkey there's definitely lots of FOMO. This way I still feel connected but I don't get so pulled in because there isn't much excitement going on on my home screen. I wouldn't want to leave all the way. There's too much good here! Heart
So I'm happy I figured out a way to be here without being addicted.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 11:30 pm
NechaMom you've been missed!

ora_43

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 3:05 am
This site has gone from feeling like a friendly group hanging out online, to feeling like mumbling into the abyss.

Look at threads 10 years ago vs now. 10% amother to 95% amother. Sorry, but it's so dumb. I can't think of a single other online community that doesn't even use screennames. Because it's literally impossible to be a community this way, when you have no sense of who anyone is. Like, at this point even on the rare occasion that people do post under their screennames, you have no idea who 90% of them are, because for anything important or meaningful or even just mildly opinionated they've been anonymous.

Of course people are less funny. Are you more relaxed and sarcastic and funny with people you know and like, or with complete strangers?

IDK maybe I'm just blaming the lack of funny posts on this because I blame everything bad about imamother on this. What like I said it's the obvious difference b/t imamother and everywhere else online.

ectomorph

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:18 am
ora_43 wrote:
This site has gone from feeling like a friendly group hanging out online, to feeling like mumbling into the abyss.

Look at threads 10 years ago vs now. 10% amother to 95% amother. Sorry, but it's so dumb. I can't think of a single other online community that doesn't even use screennames. Because it's literally impossible to be a community this way, when you have no sense of who anyone is. Like, at this point even on the rare occasion that people do post under their screennames, you have no idea who 90% of them are, because for anything important or meaningful or even just mildly opinionated they've been anonymous.

Of course people are less funny. Are you more relaxed and sarcastic and funny with people you know and like, or with complete strangers?

IDK maybe I'm just blaming the lack of funny posts on this because I blame everything bad about imamother on this. What like I said it's the obvious difference b/t imamother and everywhere else online.

I agree. I am a username poster and I think I get unfairly dinged because I don't go anon every time someone might not like what I'm saying. But I like to feel real...

Lovable

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:15 am
ora_43 wrote:

I used to go by my username all the time, but have recently refrained from doing so. I feel like I get attacked way more when posting under my username. by the anonymous bullies on here. Oh well

As a side note, Its a big issue on here that people cannot take advice, or pull back on comments.
Recently I posted on a thread tryign to be helpful, but I was also confused by the Op. When I stated my thoughts and opnions I was labeled RUDE. as usual. Can't Believe It

Success10

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:56 am
I've also started posting anonymously, as it's gotten brutal out there. I would love to start a movement to Make Imamother Great Again. Encourage nice manners and discourage use of amother except for permitted purposes. And that hug button....

giselle

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 2:44 pm
Success10 wrote:
I've also started posting anonymously, as it's gotten brutal out there. I would love to start a movement to Make Imamother Great Again. Encourage nice manners and discourage use of amother except for permitted purposes. And that hug button....

Same. Agree with every word.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 5:33 pm
I post anon because I'm very talkative and will either talk to people about the identical thing I posted here, or post here the selfsame stories I just told friends and family.

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:22 pm
I'm the OP of the can opener thread. I give up.

I was talking about a CAN OPENER and I triggered someone. Something that opens cans in the kitchen. But apparently it opens cans of worms too.

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 12:13 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
I'm the OP of the can opener thread. I give up.

I was talking about a CAN OPENER and I triggered someone. Something that opens cans in the kitchen. But apparently it opens cans of worms too.

Oh well....
Guess just one never knows....ppl are dealing with so much.....
But those who do manage to cheer up others, kol hakovod! Big mitzvah

small bean

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 12:43 am
Those who blame anon, I don't know if that's accurate. I think getting rid of the chat room took away the camaraderie that was here. You got to know people differently there and there were no mods. You didn't like it, you left. I think on the main boards we had more fun because we were a group.

zaq

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 6:53 pm
small bean wrote:
Those who blame anon, I don't know if that's accurate. I think getting rid of the chat room took away the camaraderie that was here. You got to know people differently there and there were no mods. You didn't like it, you left. I think on the main boards we had more fun because we were a group.

With or without the chat room, years ago the membership was a fraction of the size it is now. Any time you significantly enlarge a group, you're increasing the possibility of negative behavior, both because it's impossible to have a meaningful relationship with so many people, and because you're introducing many more variables.

small bean

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 6:57 pm
zaq wrote:
With or without the chat room, years ago the membership was a fraction of the size it is now. Any time you significantly enlarge a group, you're increasing the possibility of negative behavior, both because it's impossible to have a meaningful relationship with so many people, and because you're introducing many more variables.

Agreed!

Crookshanks

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 7:16 pm
*wondering if I'm a funny poster or just a mean poster*
😼

zaq

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 7:45 pm
But IDK that I agree with OP. I see plenty of funny posts, and that's with having blocked all but a handful of forums. Not everything has to be a knee-slapper. Sometimes a mild chuckle is good enough.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 9:41 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
*wondering if I'm a funny poster or just a mean poster*
😼

On a scale from 1-10 with 1 being mean and 10 being funny- how serious am I?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 9:48 pm
ora_43 wrote:

I think it has a lot to do with not being able to see an old post from a poster.
I complained about it in the beginning when we were unable to see history of anyone.
It makes people so, not real or just invisible, with no history. I don’t know how to explain it. But I was shot down & yelled at as to why we need to see a posters history. It makes them human & real & have depth.
This way, when you want to see an old post or just some history, it’s vanished into thin air. No substance.
Does anyone else see what I mean. ?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics