Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What deoderant, pads sold in Israel?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 12:03 pm
Hi,
Trying to pack light for a full summer trip to Israel with my family. Heard that I should buy all toiletries there except deodorant and pads. Is what they sell really so bad? can anyone link an online store in Israel to see what they sell, or I guess tell me what I will be able to find?
DD uses Dove advance care dry spray (says on botte "leaves no white marks") and doesnt like most others.

Success10

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 12:18 pm
Go to superpharm website to see what we have here. For sure there's Dove brand, not sure if they have that specific deoderant. They have Kotex and Always here.

essie14

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 12:24 pm
Many different varieties of Dove deodorant and plenty of different pads are available here.

https://shop.super-pharm.co.il.....D7%99

https://shop.super-pharm.co.il.....D7%96

https://shop.super-pharm.co.il.....D7%A1

Brit in Israel

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 12:25 pm
Shaul tamurkim have many Dove, Nivea and others.
7 years ago it was alot harder and very expensive to buy and I would stock buy when in UK. Now I wouldn't bother.

The only thing would be paracetamol which you could get a box for less than 3shk

essie14

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 12:25 pm
I happen to like this anti perspirant. It doesn't leave white marks

https://shop.super-pharm.co.il.....67406

https://shop.super-pharm.co.il.....67407

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 12:26 pm
OP, note that superpharm is very expensive, there are cheaper stores

amother
Azure

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 12:51 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
OP, note that superpharm is very expensive, there are cheaper stores

Obviously OP can do what works for her, but if she will only be here for the summer it might not be worth the trouble for her to shop around. Sometimes convenience is worth spending a little more.

OP, I think you will be fine in terms of pads. Deodorant, while there is plenty available here, it might be harder to find the exact product you're used to. It's probably worth packing an extra deodorant.

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 12:57 pm
I have had trouble finding pads without wings. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 1:01 pm
Iymnok wrote:
I have had trouble finding pads without wings. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?

Interesting. I only ever bought pads with wings. Same always ones that I got in the US. Never occurred to me that people might prefer anything else 🤦‍♀️
Maybe if OP is going only for the summer she should just bring the toiletries she needs for the time she will be here.

6000miles

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 1:14 pm
Brit in Israel wrote:
Shaul tamurkim have many Dove, Nivea and others.
7 years ago it was alot harder and very expensive to buy and I would stock buy when in UK. Now I wouldn't bother.

The only thing would be paracetamol which you could get a box for less than 3shk

That’s so true. I moved here 7 years ago, was not the same as today.
OP I think this advice is outdated. But be aware that you might not find everything in every store.
I love Superpharm even if it’s a bit overpriced, it’s worth it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 3:45 pm
Thank you so much everyone - sounds like we will be just fine! (we use pads with wings, so all good there)

Brit in Israel

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:40 pm
Iymnok wrote:

Right, when I use without wings I get israeli or off brands not the Always companies. they are not as good but do the trick. TBH I dont really shop around looking, I just take what I find when im buying, usually in the makolet or Osher Ad.

DrMom

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:58 pm
The prices for deodorant and pads are higher here than in the US (not sure if that is your starting point)

So you may want to consider taking your own.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions