Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Would this type of business work?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:50 am
I was thinking of opening up a physical therapy place where part of it could be partitioned or have certain times for people to come who don't have insurance and they want to come to use the equipment for exercise and pay an entrance fee.

Do you think something like this would work? would it be allowed if I am going to take insurance, I guess I would need to find out.
Does something like this exist anyone know?

amother
Fern

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:53 am
How would you get insurance to cover yourself in case of injury. Even if you get it, it will cost a fortune. And how is it different than a regular gym if nobody is supervising?

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 10:03 am
I can see it working if you set it up for late night/early morning hours as a gym (with liability insurance) so that you get paid for your real estate/equipment for more hours than just a therapy office.

You shouldn't have it during therapy hours because it needs to be very clear whether or not the PT is treating the client. If the therapist is treating them, then they're just regular private pay patients. No therapist will agree to oversee pts without having an intake/evaluation and knowing the patient's history. No way are they putting their license on the line for a couple of dollars for a gym entrance fee.

Also, therapy can be painful, emotionally as well as physically, and patients deserve privacy.

mha3484

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 10:05 am
Can you be a gym who happens to offer therapy services?

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 11:02 am
amother OP wrote:
I was thinking of opening up a physical therapy place where part of it could be partitioned or have certain times for people to come who don't have insurance and they want to come to use the equipment for exercise and pay an entrance fee.

Do you think something like this would work? would it be allowed if I am going to take insurance, I guess I would need to find out.
Does something like this exist anyone know?

I think there's such a place in flatbush but for little kids iirc

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 12:07 pm
The ability center in marine park has this. It’s not easy and takes a lot of upkeep. They also offer birthday parties on Sundays which brings in more money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics