Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
S/O Working mother tired at night

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:12 am
One of the posters on the working full time thread said everything happens at night.

I work almost full time but I'm EXHAUSTED at night! I make Shabbos in 2 hrs Friday afternoon because I'm too tired Thursday night, I take off work for appointments, my house is never clean at night because I don't have the energy after bedtime, laundry is a hot mess etc...

Is this normal?? For reference my kids are ages 6, 4, 2 and 3 months.

yellowroses

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:19 am
amother OP wrote:
One of the posters on the working full time thread said everything happens at night.

I work almost full time but I'm EXHAUSTED at night! I make Shabbos in 2 hrs Friday afternoon because I'm too tired Thursday night, I take off work for appointments, my house is never clean at night because I don't have the energy after bedtime, laundry is a hot mess etc...

Is this normal?? For reference my kids are ages 6, 4, 2 and 3 months.

I think this is your answer. Young kids are a lot of physical work. They need you for everything. Of course you’re wiped in the evening.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:20 am
Very normal. You have young kids, BH!

amother
Sand

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:24 am
Normal. You have tons of kids including an infant. Also some people are more productive in the morning than at night. Maybe that’s you

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:26 am
amother Sand wrote:
Normal. You have tons of kids including an infant. Also some people are more productive in the morning than at night. Maybe that’s you

Is there a way to become a productive at night person? I'm so jealous of people who can get things done at night!

I dream of not working in the mornings!

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:32 am
I’m not productive in the morning and I’m not productive at night. I work full-time with kids, etc. some things I just have to let go. I’m not superwoman. I do have cleaning help. I couldn’t survive without that.
I don’t do a lot of takeout because of the cost, but I do a lot of freezer items that I just have to pop into the oven. I have a huge to do list that never gets done I’ve been known to take a day off in order to be productive, but I end up just crashing and doing nothing.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Is there a way to become a productive at night person? I'm so jealous of people who can get things done at night!

Why change your nature? Neither is better than the other. If getting up early before everyone is up works for you than keep doing it .

amother
Gray

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:36 am
amother OP wrote:

15 min power nap in the afternoon or evening if you can. I also find that even though I may be completely exhausted, just getting up and getting started helps me have more energy to get things done.

imaima

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:37 am
amother OP wrote:

They don’t have your kids. Be realistic. It’s a very hard phase

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:38 am
amother Sand wrote:
Why change your nature? Neither is better than the other. If getting up early before everyone is up works for you than keep doing it .

But I'm not I'm not doing it. My baby is currently nursing. I can't wake up earlier than this after being up multiple times a night with him. The rest of my kids will be up really soon and then it's a mad dash for us to be dressed, fed and out the door by 8. BH my husband helps me get out but there's no time for chores...

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:40 am
amother Gray wrote:
15 min power nap in the afternoon or evening if you can. I also find that even though I may be completely exhausted, just getting up and getting started helps me have more energy to get things done.

That's a good idea. I do well with naps as long as it's not too late otherwise I can't get up. Thanks!

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:44 am
Yes. I work p/t. And I have kids ages 15- 3mo. It's depressing to be so sleep deprived and not functioning. Sometimes I just want an hour to collect the house and fold laundry. But I can hardly move, im too exhausted
15 yo helps alot. I can't imagine doing it with only little ones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics