Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Why is everyone wearing black tights today?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 4:31 pm
Feel free to join the ranks of those of us who wear black all year round!
Comfort over style, always! Very Happy

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 4:35 pm
Forget black tights in the summer, come to meah shearim/geula/Shmuel hanavi where even in the the thick of summer the ladies at our and about with coats and jackets. I believe that this is for tznius reasons, to totally obscure the shapes of their bodies, but I honestly don't understand how they do it.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:44 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
The simple answer is that black tights are more comfortable, and they don’t tear as easily so less expensive.

Are you guys wearing much thinner nude stockings than black tights? My nudes almost never rip, but they’re the same denier (60-80) as my black tights, sometimes even thicker!!

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:45 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Are you guys wearing much thinner nude stockings than black tights? My nudes almost never rip, but they’re the same denier (60-80) as my black tights, sometimes even thicker!!

12 denier pantyhose in the summer and 60 denier tights in the winter.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:27 am
I was miserable in my nude yesterday. I know I don’t like wearing the color but eventually I get used to it. The problem was how they felt. I bought the same company that I wear in black but the nude was so uncomfortable. Felt like it was falling down, no support at all. I used to wear Berkshire but they stopped making them. They were great. Well, they do make them but now they are made in china. They used to be made in the USA. They are terrible now. So I bought memoi because everyone says they’re great but they are horrible for me. I was uncomfortable the whole day. Today I will wear the last old pair of Berkshire I still have in my drawer. I hope it’s not ripped.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:28 am
amother Kiwi wrote:
12 denier pantyhose in the summer and 60 denier tights in the winter.

My nude is 30. Black is 60.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:40 am
amother OP wrote:
I was miserable in my nude yesterday. I know I don’t like wearing the color but eventually I get used to it. The problem was how they felt. I bought the same company that I wear in black but the nude was so uncomfortable. Felt like it was falling down, no support at all. I used to wear Berkshire but they stopped making them. They were great. Well, they do make them but now they are made in china. They used to be made in the USA. They are terrible now. So I bought memoi because everyone says they’re great but they are horrible for me. I was uncomfortable the whole day. Today I will wear the last old pair of Berkshire I still have in my drawer. I hope it’s not ripped.

My favorite is Esatto, it is so comfortable! They don't sell it in all the stores

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:02 am
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
My favorite is Esatto, it is so comfortable! They don't sell it in all the stores

I bought a pair last year when I was trying out different brands to replace the Berkshire. At first they felt so good. Very soft and comfortable but they were rolling down on me and became uncomfortable. It’s probably because I’m very short and not thin (not obese just not thin).

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:52 am
amother OP wrote:

I like the melas purple package for really good support. Size up

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:07 am
amother OP wrote:
I bought a pair last year when I was trying out different brands to replace the Berkshire. At first they felt so good. Very soft and comfortable but they were rolling down on me and became uncomfortable. It’s probably because I’m very short and not thin (not obese just not thin).

Hmmm interesting because so am I. 4'10" and 160 lb. I also hate the Memoi ones btw.

I agree that the Berkshire ones were great. Hope you find something that works for you!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:08 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:

Do you mind telling me your height and size? I think I tried this and the waist didn’t go up high enough to hold me but it might not have been the purple package

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:10 am
amother OP wrote:
Do you mind telling me your height and size? I think I tried this and the waist didn’t go up high enough to hold me but it might not have been the purple package

I’ve 5’3, on the smaller side, around size 6 and I wear size large

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:11 am
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Hmmm interesting because so am I. 4'10" and 160 lb. I also hate the Memoi ones btw.

I agree that the Berkshire ones were great. Hope you find something that works for you!

So it really should work for me. I’m 5ft and 137 lbs. what size do you buy? Do you have a link?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:14 am
I’ve 5’3, on the smaller side, around size 6 and I wear size large

Maybe that was the problem. I tried a large but I’m 5ft and around size 10-12.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:20 am

I also used to wear the Berkshires (4489) which were great and I miss them! (Have a few new packages in my drawer that I'm saving for special occasions) But one store just suggested the purple package Melas. These are the best I've tried for the past couple of years since Berkshire stopped making them in the USA.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:25 am
amother OP wrote:
Maybe that was the problem. I tried a large but I’m 5ft and around size 10-12.

Yes they run very small.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 1:37 am
amother OP wrote:
I might interested in that. Can you share a link?

I buy it in the store so don't have a link sorry. They only sell these leggings.. never saw any other type there...

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 1:54 pm

I just went to the store to look for this. Is the purple package 12 denier? That’s the only purple one that I saw. I usually wear 30 denier (nude). The 30 denier was in a different color package but I wasn’t sure if it had good support so I didn’t buy it.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 1:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
I just went to the store to look for this. Is the purple package 12 denier? That’s the only purple one that I saw. I usually wear 30 denier (nude). The 30 denier was in a different color package but I wasn’t sure if it had good support so I didn’t buy it.

Yes it’s 12 denier. I would ask the store if they know or see what it says on the package it should say the type of control top it comes with

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 2:34 pm
Yes it’s 12 denier. I would ask the store if they know or see what it says on the package it should say the type of control top it comes with

The purple package says body shaper. The other package just says control top so it’s probably different. Thanks
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries