Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
I think my baby might be hungry

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:54 pm
10 months old. I nurse and give solids. But not sleeping well and I’m starting to think. It’s bec I need to give more food. I’m pretty confident I nurse often enough and my supply bh is good. What foods can I give to help? My baby will not touch any classic jarred baby food.
Just to give u an ideas today I gave
Breakfast- frozen blueberry t joes waffle
Lunch- whole milk Greek yogurt
Dinner- Shnitzel
Snacks- Bamba, snackers, puffs.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
10 months old. I nurse and give solids. But not sleeping well and I’m starting to think. It’s bec I need to give more food. I’m pretty confident I nurse often enough and my supply bh is good. What foods can I give to help? My baby will not touch any classic jarred baby food.
Just to give u an ideas today I gave
Breakfast- frozen blueberry t joes waffle
Lunch- whole milk Greek yogurt
Dinner- Shnitzel
Snacks- Bamba, snackers, puffs.

what you're giving sounds perfect, and im sure your supply is good. Maybe there is a sleep regression at this age? I can't keep track of when they are and that can sometimes do it. Or teething. My kids are bH not hard when they're teething just don't sleep well, so I'm left scratching my head and then boom a tooth comes and I'm like ohh that's it!!

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:58 pm
Do you offer fruits and veggies?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:59 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
Do you offer fruits and veggies?

Fruits not so much bec I find it hard to get the texture right for chocking and won’t touch jarred/purred stuff
Veggies yes I’ll give broccoli and cauliflower green beans etc. just nothing raw

michimochi

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 11:00 pm
Hmm, to me that seems like a good amount, and a good amount of protein. Could it be gas or reflux? Have you tried going off the yogurt to make sure dairy isn't causing stomach upest? Helped with mine.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 11:41 pm
Scrambled eggs, avocado, baked sweet potato, nut butter on bread, grilled cheese, meatballs, any chicken or meat or soup that you make for yourself.

synthy

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 11:46 pm
Is your baby still in your room? I found that my 10 mo old was waking up to nurse every few hours just because she knew I’m there to feed her. I moved her out of my room and she’s sleeping through the night BH. Sometimes she wakes up and kvetches for a few seconds, but she quickly sees I’m not there to nurse so she falls asleep again.

tichellady

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:11 am
I don’t think that’s the issue. Your baby eats more than my 5 year old!

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:13 am
amother OP wrote:
Fruits not so much bec I find it hard to get the texture right for chocking and won’t touch jarred/purred stuff
Veggies yes I’ll give broccoli and cauliflower green beans etc. just nothing raw

You can use the solid starts website to look up how to prepare. They have articles on all types of food and explain per each age what's safe with photos.

At that age they can literally have everything you have except honey and other choking hazards like candy and popcorn

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:14 am
tichellady wrote:
I don’t think that’s the issue. Your baby eats more than my 5 year old!
lol I was gonna say that my 2.5 year old doesn’t eat this well. My 9 month old barely eats solids. A few bites a day and he seems to be satisfied

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:15 am
Op does your baby have teeth? Trying to figure out how a kid this age is eating schnitzel. My baby gags on so much but also has no teeth

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:20 am
amother Wine wrote:
Op does your baby have teeth? Trying to figure out how a kid this age is eating schnitzel. My baby gags on so much but also has no teeth

They don't need teeth. They're gums are pretty strong. In th beginning of solids it's normal to gag as they are learning how to eat solids.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:29 am
I had this with my baby, and we realized he was thirsty. All that food is really dry and needs some extra liquid beyond nursing! I started offering water from a cup after each meal and before bed.

Sebastian

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:47 am
give a sippy cup. also give fruit. peeled slice grapes orange pear even kiwi can work

Iymnok

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:27 am
Teeth!
DD sleeps vert well, but when her molars came it she woke up screaming and nursing wasn't enough.
She slept in my bed for a couple nights. Now she's back to sleeping in her crib in her brothers room, the whole night.

michimochi

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 10:30 am
amother Blush wrote:
I had this with my baby, and we realized he was thirsty. All that food is really dry and needs some extra liquid beyond nursing! I started offering water from a cup after each meal and before bed.

Good point!! Is your baby drinking water? I was told 4-8oz of water for my 7mo, yours may need even more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics