Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
What should I look out for in a gas stove/oven?

Henya

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 7:20 pm
I'm looking into buying a gas range. Until now I used an electric one. So I'm asking anyone who has a gas one, what should I look out for? What features are important? which ones are total chatchkes & unnecessary? What can't you live without?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 7:34 pm
sorry, not an expert in the this area...just suggesting the oven is a self-clean. Smile I don't have one, but I hear they're very convenient!

Rivka

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 6:48 am
Get one with good sized rings.
get a safe guard if you have kids around because the gas is a flame and can be dangerous.
I like it when it has the ignition button on the side rather than as part of the gas knobs because then you won't by mistake turn it on by leaning on it.

ElTam

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 9:09 am
Personally, we went for one with manual knobs, not electronic buttons and lots of "modes." It cooks great. When you get one of the ones with lots of bells and whistles, there are more things that can break and it's more expensive to fix.

Ours is GE. We are very happy.

red sea

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 9:15 am
Make sure it has a shabbos mode - usually only a frum store or calling the company can answer that one. Also sealed burners and self clean. Anything more is probably in the category of bells and whistles.

cindy324

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 10:37 am
I second that red sea! Most major brands will have shabbos mode now,
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars