Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pacifier and bed
Previous  1  2

chen

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 3:10 pm
FWIW, it's better than thumbsucking. Not too many people have to get braces b/c they used a pacifier too long.

LoveMy2Kids

Post Fri, Dec 02 2005, 1:37 pm
My daughter was 2 1/2 and was kind of attached to her pacifier(only at night since age 1). We had gotten rid of it a few times, but then she would get sick and my husband felt bad and he'd give it back to her. Erev Pesach I decided I was in no way going to buy her a new one. We told her she was a big girl........and made her a "bye bye passy party." We took her to throw her pacifiers in a dumpster, and then went home and made her a small party with the works, and she was thrilled. The first two nights she woke up fussing, but that was it. We decided to chuck our baby's pacifier at the same time (he was 8 months old at the time). My sister had a kid who was really attached, so her pediatrician suggested she poke a hole in it and her daughter would lose interest being it was flat etc....... It worked for her kid although it would not have worked for mine since she liked them that way. G'luck!

raizy

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 10:16 pm
we poked holes from here to tomorow. but I am still holding out that I will only let the kids who have no bottles and zuimmeus light the meneroh!!!since every kid gets their own menroh then it should work... they love lighting the menorah!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics