Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Paul Newman died, I immediately thought,Oh no, Clarrissa
Previous  1  2

chaylizi

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 9:23 pm
I guess I wasn't the only one...

Miss Missie

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 9:42 pm
My sincere sympathies, Clarissa. Just saw it on the news and had to come on here and offer my condolence. May he rest in peace!

jewgal84

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 9:45 pm
Though I don't know who he was, when I saw the headline on like every news page I though of you Dear Clarissa, and then I thought hmm or was it Cassandra Wink .

Cdlf

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 9:55 pm
What did he die from? Was he sick? How old? He did some great charitable work.

Clarissa

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 9:56 pm
difr wrote:
What did he die from? Was he sick? How old? He did some great charitable work.
Lung cancer, and he'd been sick for over a year, but quietly so (doing well, still very active) until it was leaked to the press a few months ago. 83 years old.

chavamom

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 9:59 pm
OK, I also immediately thought of Clarissa. Who knew you had such a link with Paul!

mumoo

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 10:00 pm
I join the thinking of Clarissa Club. Here was the story I read:

[web] http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...../web]

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 10:02 pm
I heard the radio, and gave a big inward gasp, my dh was like whatsamatter with u?
I said, Oh noooo, poor Clarissa... he looked at me like Rolling Eyes
awww,its a shame, a good man he was...

RedRuby

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 10:33 pm
My sympathies, Clarissa sweetie...

We're all thinking of you.

yentaof8

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 10:35 pm
Wow! What a community we have become. Instantly we all react the same to the news of Paul Newman's death - all we can think about is how Clarissa took the news. Pretty powerful stuff!!

Kinneret

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 11:31 pm
yy wrote:
Clarissa, when I saw the news headline, I also thought of you. There are all kinds of love!

The world has lost a beautiful and generous man.

I'm in complete agreement with all sentiments expressed here.

supermama2

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 11:42 pm
I thought of Clarissa too!
Clarissa, what is your connection to Paul Newman?

Clarissa

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 11:49 pm
SarahO. wrote:
I thought of Clarissa too!
Clarissa, what is your connection to Paul Newman?
I've been in love with him since I was a very young girl. Other girls would play house, I'd play cafe, where I was sitting and having pudding with him, or more specifically, with Butch Cassidy. I had an 8 x 10, black and white photo of him (fake autographed by a friend) and I'd color in his eyes to make them blue, and when they'd fade, I'd color them in again. Just somebody who has always made me melt, and the fact that he was such an incredibly kind and generous man (many people don't even know the extent to his charitable work) just makes it better. Not to mention, an amazingly long-lasting marriage that was a real partnership for more than half a century, unusual by Hollywood standards, especially when someone is so gorgeous and sought-after.

I had this friend whose friend (the one who gave me the photo) was friends with Nell Newman, so when I was a girl, I proudly declared that I was a friend of a friend of a friend of Paul Newman's daughter.

I have had other celebrity crushes, but none compare to him. One other big one of mine is another man around that age. I said to my husband today that you know you're old when your celebrity crushes start dying. This one really made me sad.

tovasmom

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 12:05 am
OMG, I was cooking and didn't hear the news till a few minutes ago when I turned on the radio. His passing is a real loss to the world, as he touched many in many ways. How horrible for Joanne Woodward, his wife for so many years -- it always struck me that in the craziness of the entertainment industry they were one of the very few couples who were together for so many years -- and of course to Clarissa, I feel for you, in that you are sad. I'll be sad with you, for a while. Crying

Carefulmom

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 12:41 am
I just read this thread and didn't hear of his passing. My condolences to Clarissa. The movie I reamember from his was "the Carrossel" when he goes back in time. I saw the movie once (on TV) always wanted to see it again a very touching story.

Akeres Habayis

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 1:25 am
clarissa,I am also adding in my condolences,to u.
I read about him,and thought he has done a lot of great work,and lived a quality filled life.
they dont make them like that anymore.
btw
I always thought he was gorgeous before I knew who he was,I just would look at movies and think,wow he is the most handsome man I have ever seen embarrassed
they compare brad pitt to looking like paul newman but.....not quite.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 1:28 am
Brad Pitt does not have the strong jaw and masculinity that Paul Newman had. These days, male beauty seems to lean more towards the effeminate look.

Purplehair

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 7:47 am
My DH went online last night after Shabbos and commented that Paul Newman died. I said "Oh no! I hope Clarissa's all right!" He said "Who?" I said: "From Imamother." He grinned the "dealing with Imamother" grin.
Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss Clarissa. ::hugs::

octopus

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 8:07 am
Tamiri wrote:
Brad Pitt does not have the strong jaw and masculinity that Paul Newman had. These days, male beauty seems to lean more towards the effeminate look.

I completely agree.

justanothermother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 10:28 am
Clarrissa, I'm thinking about you today. {{HUGS}}
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics