Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Hotel in Dead sea area

mummy-bh

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 6:42 am
I'm looking for recommendations for a mehadrin hotel in the dead sea area.

TIA

Tamiri

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 8:03 am
Call one of the religious tour operators for info
Tour Plus
Kraus
Nati Tours

Stepmum

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 9:38 am
Try 'Le Meridien' - Beautiful hotel, great food, private pools, spa with dead dea pool and sulphur pool and great treatments - had a couple's massage there that was incredible...

Call and check, but I'm pretty sure the hechsher was Landau, and they put up and amazing spread.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 9:44 am
I was in a gorgeous hotel there, years ago. Unfortunately I can't remember the name, and even if I could I have no idea if it's mehadrin! LOL
More seriously I'm asking my mom tonight.

pink car

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 10:18 am
I stayed in the meridian last january - wasn't impressed at all.
its overrated big time.
there was a conference going on the same time, and the place was PACKED - they can fit a lot of pple and appently they have these conferences all the time...
the rooms were not that great...
they had seperate women's swimming early in the morning - woke up for it, and the place was so packed, there was no room to swim...
I spoke to other pple after who had stayed there, who all said, that they had stayed there cuz the reviews were good, but had similiar experinces to me!

JMHO

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 12:56 am
None of the hotels are mehadrin but Ein Gedi has mehadrin weeks. Also, many hotels are kashered for frum groups. I would not call the tour places because their surcharge is enormous. Some of the Ein Gedi mehadrin weeks can be got at subsidized prices. If you look in the ad papers (l'Inyan and similar) you will see ads for places that are doing frum vacations.

We used to do Ein Gedi twice a year as I got it subsidized by tarbut Torani. You can choose your level of room from youth hostel type to 1st class. The food is great, the air is wonderful and when its mehadrin week nearly everyone is frum. Call them and ask.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 1:36 am
pink car wrote:
I stayed in the meridian last january - wasn't impressed at all.
its overrated big time.
there was a conference going on the same time, and the place was PACKED - they can fit a lot of pple and appently they have these conferences all the time...
the rooms were not that great...
they had seperate women's swimming early in the morning - woke up for it, and the place was so packed, there was no room to swim...
I spoke to other pple after who had stayed there, who all said, that they had stayed there cuz the reviews were good, but had similiar experinces to me!
JMHO

Ditto a friend of mine who stayed there last Pesach. Totally underwhelmed, they would not go there again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions