Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Mens white shirts

Rivky

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 10:15 am
Where do you buy dh shirts? Any good places online you can recommend?

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 10:17 am
Anywhere there is a nice sale. Regatta, Old Navy, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger.

It might sound weird but it is REALLY worth it to go for quality and look in outlets, big sales season etc. Quality shirts just go a very long way and also stay looking nicer for a longer time.

Buying cheap bad quality ends up being expensive at the end.

Go to outlet malls, look online at sales season (or better yet, at the end of sales season!).

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 10:37 am
try marshall's and tjmaxx - you could find for about $15 ...

mom2bsn

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 11:24 am
Brooks Brothers has great wrinkle free/ iron free shirts that you put in the dryer and then hang them up and they dont need to be ironed

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 11:34 am
Wash the shirts at very low temperatures... Let them soak in warm water with Vanish to remove stains. Do NOT use bleach. Hang them to dry, don't use the dryer. This way, the shirts will last longer and will look nice a longer time.

OldYoung

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 12:37 pm
We've had the best luck at Loehmann's- beautiful designer shirts, for the best prices. Chocoholic is absolutely right. Quality and good care of the shirts will take them very far!

hila

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 12:42 pm
I love Lands End Oxford shirts for my boys/men

PIP

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 12:55 pm
Lands End. They also have the best return policy. You can return it anytime even if it was worn and then got ripped.

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 1:01 pm
My DH finds that the H&M and Zara shirts fit him the best. I don't shop for his clothes. He does.

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 1:06 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
My DH finds that the H&M and Zara shirts fit him the best. I don't shop for his clothes. He does.

H&M and Zara are very bad quality and in Latin America they're darn expensive.

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 1:08 pm
OldYoung wrote:
We've had the best luck at Loehmann's- beautiful designer shirts, for the best prices. Chocoholic is absolutely right. Quality and good care of the shirts will take them very far!

My DH uses his shirts a lot and I really try to make them last long. I think it is a waste to wear it one year and then throw it away.. and if shirts last longer and he still keeps buying like usual, he will have more (this goes for my DH who wears colors as well).

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 1:17 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
BennysMommy wrote:

H&M and Zara are very bad quality and in Latin America they're darn expensive.

I said they fit him the best. I'd rather my husband get shirts that fit him nicely and buy more often than have him buy less often but not look good. Anyways I do find that his clothes from those stores last a very long time. He takes good care of his things.

Also, H&M has great sales and Zara is cheaper in Argentina than in the US.

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 1:32 pm
H&M def has great sales but I found that when I used to go there, many shirts where ripped (holes etc) before I had even bought them (in the store!!) so not worth it. I have some tops from there and I am extra careful with them (and had to repair some). Zara is real expensive here (more than in Europe).

There are many designer brands that are nicely priced in outlets and sales (esp. in final clearance sale). That's when my DH buys his stuff. DH has lost about 12 pounds lately (with the nutritionist) so many shirts are quite big now... but that's another story LOL .

Boys"R"Us

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 2:03 pm
A 3rd vote for Lands End.
I don't iron, and their wrinkle-free shirts don't need to be sent to the dry cleaner. Just wash, dry and they always look good!
I used to buy the oxford, but now my men(!), prefer the non button down collar shirts.

They may not be the cheapest, but as a previous poster said, it's definitely worth it in the end. I've tried cheaper shirts and they end up looking terrible, really fast, then no one wants to wear them!

~Debbie

1 DH, and 2 DS's in mens shirts Wink

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 2:19 pm
everybody is going to have their own opinion of what is good/nice or not ... including how to care for them ...

I buy cotton shirts - bleach them & starch them ... and they are very nice (unless worn more than once in a row Banging head ) ...

NativeMom

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 4:33 pm
My DH gets his shirts where ever. He bought a few at costco, they have name brands like calvin klein but even their store brand shirts aren't bad.
You can try Jose A banks, I'm not sure about the pricing but they're always having sales.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics