Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Milk on WIC
1  2  Next

malky800

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 6:20 pm
How much milk does WIC give per child / per month?

bebe3

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 6:26 pm
I think it depends on the age of the child. I have 3 kids on wic plus I'm expecting and we get a whopping 32 bottles a month.

NativeMom

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 6:33 pm
I believe I was getting 4 or 5 gallons a month?? it always seemed like a lot and I ended up freezing most of it because I didn't want it to go bad.

itsme

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 7:04 pm
I use all my milk I get !! we use alot!!

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 3:43 pm
In January, some milk will be replaced with whole grain bread and rice, and tofu. YAY YAY!

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 3:57 pm
if I recall it is some insane amount - especially if you have a few kids under 5 ...

at least the peanut butter you can shelf ...

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 4:00 pm
The milk freezes like charm. We have no problem using t, between farina, cereal and milk, and pudding.

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 4:56 pm
I only freeze ice cream ...

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 5:01 pm
from mother's milk?

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 5:27 pm
I have so much peanut butter and cheese every month I am looking for people in need. Right now I have 3 closed peanut butters and 3 closed packs of cheese I have no use for.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 5:28 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I have so much peanut butter and cheese every month I am looking for people in need. Right now I have 3 closed peanut butters and 3 closed packs of cheese I have no use for.

I save the cheese for the nine days (in the freezer).

The p butter converts to peanut chews

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 5:35 pm
No time or patience to make peanut chews, and how much cheese do you need already in the 9 days? one pack would suffice...

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 5:36 pm
pends how many eaters you have

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 5:43 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

I would gladly take them ...

chanagital

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 5:46 pm
You guys are lucky when I was on wic they wouldn't let me get kosher cheese it was my biggest complaint... because the kosher cheese wasn't in 1 lb packages it was in 8 oz packages. We didn't have it anywhere in 1 lb packages. We ended up getting 8 gallons per child... per month...I ended up giving some to my kids daycare and other families in need.

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 6:43 pm
there is a supermarket here that imported cholov yisroel cheese and milk specifically for the wic users ...

NativeMom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 6:50 pm
chanagital wrote:
You guys are lucky when I was on wic they wouldn't let me get kosher cheese it was my biggest complaint... because the kosher cheese wasn't in 1 lb packages it was in 8 oz packages. We didn't have it anywhere in 1 lb packages. We ended up getting 8 gallons per child... per month...I ended up giving some to my kids daycare and other families in need.

I had that same problem, I would always take 2 8 oz packages but the total was always over the amount on the check.

Pineapple

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 6:56 pm
They changed thecheese problem

The check now says one pound specialty cheese for kosher cheese

NativeMom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 6:57 pm
that's good to know, usually they would just let me walk out with the 8 oz. Stupid me told WIC about my problem and how the store worked it out. Apparently they aren't allowed to do that.

msym

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 7:11 pm
I send the american cheese to my sister in israel. as for the milk, its way too much and I have no freezer space...but bh!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries