Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Bottle Issues

cr2005

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 1:37 pm
Hi Im will be traveling over sees soon, I have an 18 year old whos is addicted to the avent bottle, the problem is that is leaks, Im wondering what to do either to get another bottle or just get a sippy cup for her milk instead of the bottle any advice

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 1:43 pm
do you have enough time to wean her off the bottle before you leave?

cr2005

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 4:01 pm
I do I was acually thinking about that.........wondering if the nuky cup was good or not

shoy18

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 4:40 pm
I have the same problem with my 13 month old but its with the dr. brown bottle, I dont care if he uses a bottle but this one leaks and is a real pain to clean, Ive tried everything I have a bottle collection nothing worked, even sippy cups, good luck to you

cr2005

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 5:07 pm
really theres nothing that you can recomend me.....Im looking for some kind of cup that doesnt leak.

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 5:10 pm
are you talking about a NUBY cup- I have one. doesn't leak.
I tried Avent cups and mine DID leak!
my playtex cups have rarely leaked
I find all sippy cups have at least one part that is hard to wash and the crud just builds up in that spot.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 5:46 pm
LOL.... you have an 18 yr old who still drinks from a bottle???
Just kidding....
why do they leak??? do they simply leak bec. they turn over? if yes, just put a small bag before you close the nipple..

Here are some links that might be helpful.

http://search.isp.netscape.com.....lance

http://search.isp.netscape.com.....s.htm

http://search.isp.netscape.com.....phtml

http://search.isp.netscape.com......html

Enjoy your trip.

cr2005

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 9:14 pm
thanx for the ideas everyone. The nuby looks kewl, but I was looking for something that has a cover, they started making these cups that cover the opening. I noticed the avent made this new sports bottle that has a flip cover that seemed really interesting, does anyone know if its worth the price, if it leaks, or is theres anything else

Ima-to-angels

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 5:48 am
just a tip - having travelled overseas with little ones a few times, they tend to cling to what's familiar to them in an unfamiliar environment. You may manage to wean her off the bottle, but you may want to take it with you as a standby just in case. Better a leaky bottle than a cranky kid who won't settle no matter what you try.

cr2005

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 10:45 am
613 I may take up on your suggestion and try to wean her off the bottle I may get a new cup for her now maybe she'll happy with the new cup and not want the bottle at all only time will tell, Imean I still have a few weeks till I travel it cant hurt to try it out( kids always like something new) I guess Ill see how it goes. Ima-to-angels it actually may be a good idea to take the bottle along, I guess Ill have to see how I feel about when it gets closer to traveling time.

nunu123182

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 3:02 pm
about the avent bottles.. you just have to make sure that they are closed, but not too tight and that there is no liquid on the rim of where you cover it.. (thats what they told me when I called to complain.. and it worked)

about the dr browns bottles.. just pull the nipple up after you clean it cuz it tends to get pushed in and then it causes leakage.. but they are wonderful bottles.. they really reduce gas and colic.

sheshycoco

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 3:07 pm
my playtex cups leak, we have one nuby cup,(my son doesn't like it though), but it doesn't leak at all.
Gluck, hope your baby is easy to wean off.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics