Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Help! Toddler Potty Training.

my3sons

Post Wed, Dec 14 2005, 5:04 pm
My 3 year old has what we call in my family "plumbing problems". He is afraid to push out his BM and so the result is he is always smelling and only makes a little bit at a time.
I have tried stool softeners, but it doesn't work bc he doesn't push. I have taken him to a gastroenterologist who said it was behavioral and I should ignore him when he "does his dance" and make him leave the room. That hasn't worked either, we still have the same problem. I have tried taking away his pull-ups so he has no choice but go to the bathroom constantly, but that also hasn't worked.
Does anyone have another suggestion? I am beside myself and worried that this could be dangerous for him.

MatzosMama

Post Thu, Dec 22 2005, 1:21 am
it seems that we are in the same boat. My daughter will not make BM's on the potty either. It is a behavior thing. I suggest that you put him on the potty when he does his dance and then turn your back or leave the room. He might be a bit "gun shy". If he doesn't go, than be understaning (not that you wouldn't be). If he goes in his pull ups, then it is time to for a good talking too. and talk it out with him. You have to keep reinforcing sooner or later, he will do what you want him to do. Good luck!!

raizy

Post Thu, Dec 22 2005, 11:10 pm
bribe him with something he want to do or treats anything to make him see that its not so bad to make big in the potty. etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics