Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Baby onesies

Skippy!!

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 12:39 am
I'm looking to buy Baby Jay onesies in a size 2-3. Does anybody know which store has them for the best price: online or in boro park. I'd prefer Baby Jay but if anybody is happy with a particular company please post the info.
(Up to now I bought bon bebe onesies in Century 21, I was very happy with them, but they only sell them up to size 12 months. I also bought a pack of Big Oshi onesies once and they got really wide after washing them.)

mcmom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 12:49 am
was very happy with carters onesies

Skippy!!

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 1:00 am
Where do you buy them? How much do they cost?

GAMZu

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 8:58 am
They have Carters in Ave J Stores on 13th Ave.

I was also happy with Gerber. The come in size XXL, which fits my 2 1/2 year old with room to spare.

I totally know what you mean about Big Oshi.
Do you live near Bergament? I like the Bambini onesies. They are 3 for $5 or so. Their sleeveless ones are good. The short sleeved ones kinda slide down the shoulder because the lap-over shoulder stretches.

Skippy!!

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 12:20 pm
thank you!

greenfire

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 1:22 pm
try kids r us ... you'll probably get the cheapest prices ... (although I haven't bought a onesie in some time)

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 1:45 pm
GAMZu wrote:

I was also happy with Gerber. The come in size XXL, which fits my 2 1/2 year old with room to spare.

In general, I've found that the Gerber onesies run small.
I've found them easy to use because the snaps are in the front which makes it easier to change a newborn.

avimom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 5:15 pm
I've found that the carter's ones last the best if you plan on passing them on to another child. Macys and Sears always have them on sale.

shoy18

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 5:37 pm
Baila100 wrote:
I'm looking to buy Baby Jay onesies in a size 2-3. Does anybody know which store has them for the best price: online or in boro park. I'd prefer Baby Jay but if anybody is happy with a particular company please post the info.
(Up to now I bought bon bebe onesies in Century 21, I was very happy with them, but they only sell them up to size 12 months. I also bought a pack of Big Oshi onesies once and they got really wide after washing them.)

English basics sells them I forget the avenue its on its either 16th or 13th.

LaLaLand

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 6:42 pm
I love walmart for baby clothes. Very Happy

GAMZu

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 7:14 pm
English Basics is on 15th Smile (And 39th)

manhattanmom- I don't know how Gerber runs bec. we only have one size in their onsies. It's not a "months" size, just XXL, and it says 35-42 lbs on the tag.

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 7:17 pm
GAMZu wrote:

manhattanmom- I don't know how Gerber runs bec. we only have one size in their onsies. It's not a "months" size, just XXL, and it says 35-42 lbs on the tag.

I just bought some gerber onesies last night from babies r us--2 packs (10 onesies) for about $10.

NativeMom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 8:19 pm
avimom wrote:
I've found that the carter's ones last the best if you plan on passing them on to another child. Macys and Sears always have them on sale.

I have carter's and gerbers. I usually find good deals at Target, Wal Mart or Berlington Coat Factory.

shoy18

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 10:08 pm
GAMZu wrote:

close enough!

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:21 am
I like the Carters also. Got them at Century 21.

Imawoman

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:22 am
I haven't really notices the difference between all the different onesies brands. They are all the same Smile .

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:28 am
Imawoman wrote:
I haven't really notices the difference between all the different onesies brands. They are all the same Smile .

I definitely noticed the difference between the Carters and some other ones I bought at Walmart. I like the Carters much better!

I don't have a dryer and the ones I bought at Walmart stayed stretched out (in the sleeves) after washing them. The Carters went back to normal. They were also thicker and better quality.

Marion

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 12:00 pm
We have Carter's, Baby's Own, BabyGap, Old Navy, Kushies, and some Israeli ones. The Carter's and BabyGap have lasted the best, although the only ones I really disliked were the Israeli ones (Milk?...they were not preshrunk and after 2 washings...even line drying...they no longer fit the right size). But all the US ones are on baby #2 and showing no signs of not being able to be used again, IY"H, whenever.

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 12:03 pm
I forgot about the Old Navy ones. Those are good too. I think the Carter's are still better then them though. I also think you can only get the Old Navy onesies online.

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 2:09 am
I have 2 gap onesies someone gave me for my twins (figured I was sick of pink, he was right!) that have been through 4 kids KA"H and showing no signs of wear. And my kids are little and actually wear each side for about 6 months.

I also like the carters ones. The Old Navy were hit & miss, I gave a bunch of the girls ones away. I didn't like the gerber ones at all, much thinner and stretched out easy.

I have been okay with the Israeli ones, but they are thinner. I don't mind them thinner though since they are cheaper. In the winter I put a sweatshirt over, and in the summer it's so hot I don't care if the shirt is thin or not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains