Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Pesto Potato Cake

RedTwizzler

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 3:06 pm
Has anyone ever made Pesto Potato Cake from the kosher palette? It looks interesting but I wanted to know if it was really good because I want something unique for shabbos dinner with mother in law.

Also anyone have a recipe for potato kugel that can be made into muffins? I thought that would look cute!

greeneyes

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 4:00 pm
I've never tried the pesto potato cake from Kosher Palette, but as far as potato kugel muffins, Quick & Kosher has a recipe for those. I've never tried it, but can type up the recipe for you if you're interested.

RedTwizzler

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 4:57 pm
Thanks! I would appreciate that!

avigailmiriam

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 5:08 pm
Ooooh, would yo mind posting the pesto potato cake recipie? That sounds good and I have TONS of pesto to use up!

RedTwizzler

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 5:15 pm
1/2 tbsp olive oil
3 cups mashes potatoes, room temperature
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3 tbsp pesto
chunky tomato sauce

Preheat oven to 475. Brush an 8 inch round cake pan with oil.
Combine potatoes and egg in a bowl, mix until blended. Layer half potato mixture and half pesto in the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining potato and pesto.
Bake for 15 min or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 min. Cut into wedges and serve with tomato sauce on the side.
yield: 4 to 6 servings

avigailmiriam

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 5:17 pm
Thanks! I think we'll have this for dinner on Shabbat.

RedTwizzler

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 5:26 pm
Let me know if it's good, I'm scared to try it out for this shabbos!

OldYoung

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 5:39 pm
Does anyone know any big supermarkets that carry ready-made pesto? Or any brands?

avigailmiriam

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 5:40 pm
Twizzler wrote:
Let me know if it's good, I'm scared to try it out for this shabbos!

I have to talk DH into doing Italian for Shabbat dinner. I'm planning on adding more garlic, pesto and onion if we make it for dinner.

greeneyes

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 9:08 pm
Twizzler, I just checked up that potato kugel recipe & I see that she tells you to make it in pyrex glass dessert dishes or custard cups. I assume you were looking for a recipe that you can make in regular muffin holders. Do you still want the recipe?

Btw, OldYoung, Sabra makes a ready made pesto that I've seen in supermarkets.

(I just made my own pesto a couple weeks ago which was amazing, and really not too much trouble to make.)

RedTwizzler

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 9:51 pm
Yeah I wanted to use a muffin tin- thanks anyway.

OldYoung

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 9:53 pm
greeneyes wrote:
Twizzler, I just checked up that potato kugel recipe & I see that she tells you to make it in pyrex glass dessert dishes or custard cups. I assume you were looking for a recipe that you can make in regular muffin holders. Do you still want the recipe?

Btw, OldYoung, Sabra makes a ready made pesto that I've seen in supermarkets.

(I just made my own pesto a couple weeks ago which was amazing, and really not too much trouble to make.)

Thanks! I've been looking and looking all over. My family doesn't really use fresh herbs for checking reasons so I've been trying to find a vari instead of making from scratch.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes