Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Inviting non-shomer negiya couple over
Previous  1  2

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 7:19 pm
ruth wrote:
"it isn't appropriate to be showing your affection for each other in front of others.... "

I think this is absolutely RUDE. Something about embarrassing others in public, anyone?

And showing happiness --> car accident??? Rolling Eyes

Yakira

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 7:25 pm
I agree that hand holding is not a big deal and its not the type of thing that will probably really happen in your home, as its more of a 'walking together' type of thing. I don't think its worth causing shalom bayis problems over. DH should clearly tell him that he doesn't want them being affectionate in front of the kids. Hopefully they'll listen and everyone will have a great time.

yoy

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 12:36 pm
Op-FOR ME, think this has nothing to do with the shomer negiya thingy. Personally, I dont want a married couple all hand holding and mushy mushy in front of my children ...it makes me squemish and uncomfortable...all public OVERdisplays of affection should be left for da bedroom...my humble opinion
Hatzloch Rabba to whatever you decide

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 12:40 pm
amother wrote:
We have this divorced male friend who has a girlfriend. DH wants to invite him for a meal on Shabbos, but the girlfriend comes with the deal. They are very much on the modern side and hold hands in front of other people... maybe even get all cuddly if they're sitting, I don't know. I don't like DH to hang around this particular friend because he has told DH about his s-xual exploits in the past and I think it's crude and can't even be chalked up to immaturity because the guy is in his late 30's. So if he didn't come over at all that would be fine by me. DH suggests we invite them but he would tell them not to touch in front of our kids. I feel really uncomfortable with telling adults what appropriate behavior is... I would rather not invite them over. WWYD?

It depends on how cuddly you mean. If they have their arms around each other or give a kiss, or hold hands, or whatever, fine. If she's sitting on his lap and trying to go down his throaat, that is too much.

If the later than I would ask them to curb it. If the former, than I probably wouldn't care, but if you do ask them not to touch in front of the kids please.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics