Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Daily Dose of Geulah - Not Just the Kohen Gadol

mimivan

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 8:14 pm
Quote:
In the era of the Beis Hamikdash, only the Kohen Gadol on Yom Kippur could enter the Kodesh HaKadashim (the Holy of Holies).

In the Future to Come, not only wil the Kohen Gadol enter the Kodesh haKadashim, but every Jew that will be on the level of the Kohen Gadol (the high priest) will enter the Kodesh HaKadashim.

Not only on Yom Kippur, but even on any occasion he wants to enter.

The Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneersohn, Shabbos Parshas Tazria-Metzora 5751

bashinda

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 10:15 pm
Very nice! Thanks, mimivan!

RichWithNachas

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 10:19 pm
your really Mizakeh Es Harabim. Keep up the inspiration!!

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 12:46 am
mimivan wrote:
Quote:
In the era of the Beis Hamikdash, only the Kohen Gadol on Yom Kippur could enter the Kodesh HaKadashim (the Holy of Holies).

In the Future to Come, not only wil the Kohen Gadol enter the Kodesh haKadashim, but every Jew that will be on the level of the Kohen Gadol (the high priest) will enter the Kodesh HaKadashim.

Not only on Yom Kippur, but even on any occasion he wants to enter.

The Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneersohn, Shabbos Parshas Tazria-Metzora 5751

Even women? And how does one get to that level? Could it be defined more?

mimivan

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 3:33 am
yay...my first question!

I'll consult the rav who gives our Moshiach and Geulah shiur in Yirushalaim...Rav Yehoshua Appel and get back to this question iy'h...

Basically, what I learned is the Geulah is a process in which everything is going to be gradually elevated to total G-dliness. The potential holiness of everything is revealed in actuality...and then that holiness goes to higher levels.

For instance, the entire world will become Eretz Yisroel and what is Eretz Yisroel today will be Yirushalaim. Jews will also reach higher levels of holiness, so even though some of us might not even be Kohanim now...we may be if we achieve that spiritual level in the geulah..

In the Holy of Holies was the ultimate revelation of G-dliness...so it would make sense that since more and more G-dliness is revealed in the time of the Geulah, this level will eventually be achieved by many Jews.

This is what dh and I discussed...but yes, I want to ask Rav Appel first about this..and your question about women is what I am wondering too...

mimivan

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 9:50 pm
Okay, I didn't get a hold of Rabbi Appel, but someone else who teaches the subject at our local Yeshiva...

He said that in the geulah "the spirit of impurity" will leave the Earth. Which means eventually in the process of geulah, there will be no impurity, and therefore no niddah (and no yetzer hara)...so restrictions on women doing certain things will most likely be relaxed.

He wasn't sure at what point in the process of geulah this would happen.

gryp

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 9:57 pm
I never knew that about anyone being allowed to enter the K"HK. Thank you, mimivan.

TheBeinoni

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 10:43 pm
mimivan wrote:
Okay, I didn't get a hold of Rabbi Appel, but someone else who teaches the subject at our local Yeshiva...

He said that in the geulah "the spirit of impurity" will leave the Earth. Which means eventually in the process of geulah, there will be no impurity, and therefore no niddah (and no yetzer hara)...so restrictions on women doing certain things will most likely be relaxed.

He wasn't sure at what point in the process of geulah this would happen.

Yes, this is what I was thinking (based on what I've learned, of course - not my own ideas!). I think the main point about thinking about Atid Lavoh - the Future to Come - Geula is that the way we define our world now will not even exist anymore! The laws of nature, the way we see the physical world - won't be "physical" anymore! It's something we can't even truly comprehend now in this galut. Following that train of thought - you gotta think that the physical implications of impurity will no longer exist. Now I'm not saying we will all be naked, but image Adam and Chava before eating from the tree.

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 12:09 am
Can I just say WAY COOL!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics