Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Daily Dose of Geulah: Rav Mordechai Eliyahu and the Rebbe

mimivan

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 4:50 pm
Rav Mordechai Eliyahu Shlita met with the Rebbe on the 6th of Marcheshvan, 5752. The Rebbe said to Rav Eliyahu:

"All the current avoda (to bring the Geulah) has been completed, as my revered father-in-law (Rabbi Yosef Yitzchak Schneersohn), the Rebbe, said many times. What remains now, everything has been finished and we just have to open the door and drag the Redemption in."

Rav Eliyahu replied, "We don't have to open, we'll take the doors down. There's no need for doors. We'll remove the doors.'

mimivan

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 4:44 am
bump

Butterfly

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 10:12 pm
English year please? is there a video or anything??

I'm embarrassed to ask.. embarrassed but who is Rav Mordechai Eliyahu? What

mimivan

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 10:50 pm
He was the Sephardi chief Rabbi of Israel. 1983-1993.
this meeting between Rav Eliyahu and the Rebbe was 6th of Cheshvan 5752 (1982)

There are some really fascinating clips of Mordechai Eliyahu on You tube (not with the Rebbe...but he is discussing the geulah and predictions of the Baba Sali)...but they are all in Hebrew...
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQG2HpywMk

Basically, Rav Eliyahu is saying that the Baba Sali gave him two watches one silver and one gold and said when both watches are at 12:00, the Redemption will be here.
This was in April of 2008, and Rav Eliyahu noted that both watches are at a quarter to twelve. He said silver corresponds to rachamim and gold corresponds to Din so he puts the silver watch on top of the gold

Maybe iy'h my dh and I or someone else could try to translate a short one...?
But not before Shabbat...unfortunately no time today...
Thanks for asking...gave me an idea..
There is also a clip on You Tube of The Rebbe talking to kabbalist Rav Kaduri ob'm also about the geulah..but it is also in Hebrew.
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=.....lated

(alot of the deep stuff about the geulah is in Ivrit!)Web Page Name[youtube]http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQG2HpywMk[/youtube][youtube]http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=x1NGqEzj4rM&feature=related[/youtube]

Butterfly

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 11:23 pm
I don't recall where I watched a video of the Rebbe ZT"L in English. I think he had a meet with one of the high officials.. maybe even the President of Israel, not sure though. It's even possible that I watched it in Miron during Lag Beomar.. wissshhhh I could have access somewhere, to re-watch it .. Was very inspiring.

He explained to the one he was talking to at the time, that "as long as you see to it that the people in the country observe the Torah, Shabbos, and etc. you can be assured that those are the safest weapons for the protection of Israel.

but if Jewish people will lack Torah, no weapons can ever be of positive value to protect them, G-D forbid!

Don't remember the exact discussion, but to this extent Apr...

Harsh, yet inspiring words!

Zeicher Tzadik Livracha/may His Soul be of blessed memory.

mimivan

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 12:00 am
Thanks for your observation Butterfly...

The Rebbe also said in other places that Eretz Yisroel is the safest place on Earth...not that nothing ever happens here...but as we saw with Operation Cast lead and all of those rockets that missed their targets, The Eyes of hashem are on the Land of Israel.

I don't know which video you saw (many have subtitles) but if you like these videos, you can order some from jewish Educational Media

http://home.jemedia.org/Web Page Name

Butterfly

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 12:14 am
mimivan wrote:
Thanks for your observation Butterfly...

The Rebbe also said in other places that Eretz Yisroel is the safest place on Earth...not that nothing ever happens here...but as we saw with Operation Cast lead and all of those rockets that missed their targets, The Eyes of hashem are on the Land of Israel.

I don't know which video you saw (many have subtitles) but if you like these videos, you can order some from jewish Educational Media

http://home.jemedia.org/Web Page Name

Thank you so much Mimivan, will check them out imy'h.

Just wanted you to know that we are experiencing technical problems with my PM feature.. I can only receive.. but to my dismay, cannot reply Sad ... Thanks for the response, wasn't necessary though.. I enjoyed rocking your little Sweety... much Nachas.
Good night/morning and Good Shabbas Smile

TheBeinoni

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 1:14 am
watching harav kaduri and the rebbe meeting together - woa! thank you so much for posting all those links!

MASHIACH NOW!!!!!!!

poelmamosh

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 5:58 am
mimivan wrote:

Correction: 5752=1992.
I enjoyed this post, mimivan. Thanks for starting it.

mama-star

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 7:33 am
am I crazy or do I remember seeing a pic of rav kaduri with strings of garlic around his neck???

Butterfly

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:49 am
mimivan wrote:

Maybe iy'h my dh and I or someone else could try to translate a short one...?
But not before Shabbat...unfortunately no time today...
Thanks for asking...gave me an idea..

Thanks so much for sharing. Very Happy

I watched the clip with the two Tzaddikim zt'l. Was so stunned by their long hand shake... whoa! shock

Enjoyed 'watching' their warm and friendly conversation, but didn't understand too well the (Hebrew) language spoken.. Sad

Mimivan, I'd love to take you up on your offer to translate a small clip for us in English. I know this clip wasn't very small, and it might take some time, but I'd even pay (if I only had the $$$) to learn the Hebrew language just to understand this 'one' very interesting conversation.. Help
Can barely speak, but do understand some Hebrew.. but definitely not enough to pick up on long conversations. Sad

I applied for access to the Lubavitch Forum awhile ago. I was even asked to fill out a questionnaire.. but since I'm having tech probs. with my outgoing PM's, I couldn't reply to the Mod. who is in charge..
therefore I'm always excited when I get a hold of a thread where the Rebbe's name zt'l or the name Chabad shows up. LOL

I'd love to hire a lawyer to help me get access to the Lubavitch forum, and to have the Mods. finally take care of my tech problems with my PM feature,
anyone?/ I pay well LOL

As I have already mentioned in another thread that I grew up in CH. between Chabad.. . Used to join at the Rebbe's farbrengens all the time and etc. etc... Oh how I miss those wonderful times..

Thanks so much again Mimivan. Smile

mimivan

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 4:46 pm
Butterfly..
I can maybe recruit dh to help me translate the Rav Kaduri and the Rebbe video but it may take a while..

There's a big Chabad holiday (Yud Shevat, Yom Hilula of the Previous rebbe and the day the Rebbe assumed the leadership of Chabad) coming up Wednesday with tons of events before then, so we might not get to it until the end of the week iy'..

I'd also like to know what he is saying word for word.

I'll pm Yael iiy'h and tell her what you told me about your outgoing pms. She has access to your e-mail so maybe you can e-mail the info to her back and forth?

Butterfly

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 12:17 am
mimivan wrote:
Butterfly..
I can maybe recruit dh to help me translate the Rav Kaduri and the Rebbe video but it may take a while..

There's a big Chabad holiday (Yud Shevat, Yom Hilula of the Previous rebbe and the day the Rebbe assumed the leadership of Chabad) coming up Wednesday with tons of events before then, so we might not get to it until the end of the week iy'..

I'd also like to know what he is saying word for word.

I'll pm Yael iiy'h and tell her what you told me about your outgoing pms. She has access to your e-mail so maybe you can e-mail the info to her back and forth?

Thanks so much Mimivan, I already emailed to Yael about my problem, and tonight I noticed that she replied to my 'special' email account.. that she sees no problem with my feature.. What
I know that I'm not an expert in computers, but I did succeed two times already (apr. 2 months ago) to send PM's, so just don't understand what suddenly happened.. Rolling Eyes.

I wonder though, if Crayon has an email address, cuz she sent me the questionnaires that I need to reply to via PM, in order to gain access to the Lubavitch Forum.
Thanks for informing me about the coming up events. Will imy'H 'google' somewhere What Help to watch it live.

I haven't visited the Rebbes cemetery yet.., but I have a very good friend who goes their occasionally. Will inquire if she is planning on the day of the Yom Hilula, I might just tag along, Halevei/I wish!

Mimivan, as I have mentioned before about the translation.. No pressures, no rush, and last but least ((No obligation either)).. Wink
I appreciate your caring. Tizku Lemitzvohs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics