Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Octuplets
Previous  1  2  3

If you had Octuplets would you have any more kids?
YES  
 47%  [ 59 ]
NO  
 52%  [ 65 ]
Total Votes : 124

elf123

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 12:29 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

and a popular atimer jsut had his 2nd set of triplets. his first set is about five or six.

Wow, Mama Bear, I knew ATIME was great, but I didn't know they were helping MEN have babies now!! Who'd have thought? 8)

msctwg

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 12:52 pm
Wow! its like yitziat mitzrayim!!
I voted yes. but there would have to be a lloooooooooooooo-g brake.!, and lots of help in between

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 1:19 pm
Kumphort, that poster ended up with triplets that shouldve been born a year ago.

bashinda

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 10:29 pm
Mama Bear I know which poster you're talking about! Wow that's great news!

I'm crazy enough to have voted yes although in truth I'm not sure if we could do another set after this one.

Myfriends: it's hard with trips. We don't have three hands. We adapted. We had to prop the bottles when they couldn't hold t heir own. Nowadays, they've had to learn very quickly about sharing. I think that's probably they're least favorite word. LOL

oh and they love getting into trouble together as well.

I love kids though. They are our babies but we had a lot of help with 3. I can't imagine how much help someone must need with 8. It's a nes though. From what it sounds like they were pretty big for 8. At some point though they won't need all the help. It will be hard to give everyone time but then that's a problem for a mommy with a large family bclal. I'm sure they'll eventually wish for some more one on one baby time. It was a blur for me. With my first I was there for every single milestone and I saw the miracle of a child's development and that's just not the case. It wasn't worse it was just different.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 10:43 pm
I voted yes because, well, I wouldn't get rid of the two I have already, now would I? and I can't answer a hypothetical question like that. I don't remember what life was like before the kids came along...

Mini Cookie

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 11:10 pm
ok, before you consider going for octuplets please take a look into the lives of "Jon & kate +8" (the Gosselin Sextuplets) though the pictures are absolutely adorable take a look at their day to day lives. The incredible amount of nonstop work that goes into raising sooooo many at a time, I personally have seen & heard some shocking language from Kate on some of the clips (they have camera men in the house 3 days a week!) on one clip she mumbles to herself "time to give the maniacs to eat" referring to those cuties! The couple has been on the verge of separation MANY times, they are constantly disagreeing (who blames them? they barely have time for each other)

whatever, im not gonna pray to have octuplets! Hashem please grant me one at a time you know im no magician...

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 12:20 pm
Did anyone catch the interview the mom did on NBC last night? She's a major nut job.

Quote:
Octuplets' mom says she had 6 embryos implanted
By JOHN ROGERS, Associated Press Writer John Rogers, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 31 mins ago

WHITTIER, Calif. – The mother of newborn octuplets says she had six embryos implanted in her fertility procedure — far more than industry guidelines recommend under ordinary circumstances — and was well aware that multiple births could result.

"I wanted them all transferred," Nadya Suleman told NBC's "Today" show. "Those are my children, and that's what was available and I used them. So, I took a risk. It's a gamble. It always is."

"It turned out perfectly," Suleman added in a portion of the interview broadcast Friday.

Other portions of interview are scheduled to air next week.

The interview and public documents obtained by The Associated Press lifted the veil of secrecy in which Suleman shrouded herself after the Jan. 26 births.

The 33-year-old single, unemployed woman has been harshly criticized for having a fertility procedure and risking multiple births when she already has six young children, including twins.

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 11:09 pm
Inspired wrote:
In my religion we believe the number of children we have is determined by G-d. What would I want? I'd have to be in the position to see.

So if god gives you IF, then its obvious he doesn't want you to have any, and you would not do treatments?

The only way you get octuplets is through IVF, Most people only do IVF if there is a medical problem. That means that if a person had only one pregnancy, and now has octuplets, there is a very low chance of them getting pregnant without another treatment.

After 8 children (at once or otherwise) I don't think most people would consider IVF.

doodlesmom

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 11:16 pm
I just thought about the same thing today, and decided that I would try for another one once these kids have really grown...like teens or s/th.

Pineapple

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 11:24 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
After 8 children (at once or otherwise) I don't think most people would consider IVF.

You never know
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics