Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
ISO posted recipe for spinach stuffed chichen cutlets

Fabulous

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 4:24 pm
I was browsing around awhile ago and saw a recipe for spinach stuffed chicken cutlets and now I can't find it anywhere. Please either repost it or someone direct me to the original.

TIA

Shalshelet

Post Sat, Feb 28 2009, 6:10 pm
Sorry I dont have the original, and couldn't find it either, but made this recipe for shabbos. was really delicious and easy to make, a tad on the dry side, but I dont know if I added enough wine or not. I substituted onion for the leek and used fresh red pepper cause I didnt have roasted and did'nt have time to roast them myself.

http://find.myrecipes.com/reci.....7819#

Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 45 minutes. Slicing the chicken breast horizontally holds the filling well, and does away with the need to pin it together with toothpicks.

Yield
4 servings (serving size: 1 breast)

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup thinly sliced leek (about 1 large)
2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
4 medium (about 5 ounces each) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
3 ounces bottled roasted red bell peppers (about 1 1/4 peppers), divided
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
Cooking spray
1/4 cup dry white wine

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350º.

2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add leek, garlic, oregano, salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper; cook and stir until leek is soft (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and add the spinach, stirring to combine; set spinach mixture aside.

2. Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally using a sharp knife. Place bottom halves of breasts in a 9- x 9-inch baking dish, setting top halves aside. Divide spinach filling evenly among breasts; top each portion with one-fourth of roasted red peppers, and replace the top halves of breasts.

3. Brush the top half of each chicken breast with melted butter; sprinkle with breadcrumbs, and spray lightly with cooking spray. Add wine to baking dish (avoiding the breadcrumbs), and bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.

4. Remove chicken from oven; let rest for 5 minutes before serving. To serve, cut each breast into 3 or 4 slices on the diagonal to expose the stuffing, or simply leave each portion whole.

Nutritional Information
Calories: 301
Fat: 10g (sat 3g,mono 4g,poly 1g)
Cholesterol: 81mg
Protein: 33g
Carbohydrate: 16g
Fiber: 3g
Iron: 3mg
Sodium: 673mg
Calcium: 163mg
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus