Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Pretty and heavy versus unpretty and thin
Previous  1  2  3  Next

what would you rather be if you would have the choice
pretty and overweight  
 60%  [ 43 ]
not pretty and skinny  
 39%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 71

Ruchel

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 5:34 pm
FINKEL wrote:

and people always tell me, your so pretty who cares about your body
and I always say, its not true, once you see the persons body, the pretty face doesnt really help

I think they're right, many people look at the face first and it gives the first impression. Ok, now if you weigh 200 kilos it is another story, but I think heavy girls with beautiful faces have an easier time than thin girls with ugly faces. In the secular world, the first type ends up with "serious" guys who aren't looking for someone "trendy", while the last type of girls is often "used" and abandonned by boys who have a fantasy for model thin girls, but are repulsed by the face in the end. I'm not making this up, I have heard complaints from girls of the last category, many times. Sad

Raisin

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 6:28 pm
chen wrote:
BTW you can most assuredly be too thin, and from a spiritual development standpoint, you can also be too rich. The person who coined that expression --Wallis Warfield Simpson, later the Duchess of Windsor, was both. Also a meeskeit (ugly) of the first order, which was why she fit in so nicely with the British royal family. (Meow.)

Chen, I'm surprised at your inaccurate grasp of historical facts. shock Actually the Royal family (except presumably her husband) couldn't stand her. The late queen mother hated her deeply. The 2 of them were exiled from England.

And she wasn't so ugly. Outside I mean. Good looking in a Cruella De vil type of way. She and her husband thought Hitler was a great guy. (I think that didn't go down too well with the in-laws either)

ny21

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 9:16 pm
One of the reasons is that Wallis Simpson was Twice divorced ! t

the future king {DAvid} could not marry a divorcee -

Prince David Gave up the thrwon for the women he loved {wallis simpso

Last edited by ny21 on Thu, Jul 26 2012, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

FINKEL

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 10:05 pm
I am not talking 200 kg person ( over 400 lbs)
I am talking say 200 to 250 lbs
size 20 -24
I still think that when I walk on the street or go to a wedding, ppl notice the big waist line before they notice the pretty face
I work in a busy sotre , I would be 100 % honest when I say I get atleast one compliment a day about my looks ( face...) or my good skin, or my pretty eyes, and guess what, I can not accept it, cause I know what they are thinking " why doesnt she take care of her body, and loose some weight" and guess what I do I actually did the lap band surgery a couple of weeks ago ( its a weight loss surgery) and lets hope that will get me where I want to be, ( size 12-14 ,instead of 18-20)

su7kids

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 12:05 am
Finkel, that's the size I am, and I hate it.

I feel unfit and my feet are sore, and quite honestly, I don't care about my face (I would hate to be scarred, if I could continue to avoid that) but I'd give up "cute" for slimmer any day.

I wouldn't mind being a size 16!!

Esther01

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 12:31 am
when you are overweight you don't feel good. you are unhealthy, so the pretty face doesn't overpower. I was a size 20... I had such a hard time going up steps or running after my kids... (I am young and have young children) now B"H that I lost weight and am a size 14 (still hoping to go down to a 10) I feel much better and automatically I look better. I want to get dressed better, put on make up.... etc...

but I have an aunt who is probably a size 18, 20... who always looks perfect. she is such a good looking women even though she is overweight. she would love to be thinner, but she knows how to dress and is pretty by face... she knows how to cover up the overweight issue.

still I'd rather be healthy and loose my weight...

as they say 'abi gezunt'

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 12:38 am
Actually, s/times ppl do look at the stomach first... you know when?? ppl who always wonder why s/one dosent have a baby yet. the first thing they see the person.. their eyes go to the stomach to see if that person is pg. yet... a crazy thing to do if u ask me.. and very hurtful to those going through infertility.

I also did the surgery 2 weeks ago, and today and yesterday e/one kept telling me I lost weight and I look good.. I can't accept it.. I don't see it yet.. and I don't think the mirror lies to me.. I think the mirros is very honest..
e/one.. really e/one said I lost weight and look great.. why can't I accept it??
and my response is soo impulsive.. bef. they even finish... I"m like, nah! I don't..

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 12:40 am
How about being pretty and thin why can't one have both 8)

Anyways pretty by whose standards Rolling Eyes and thin too by whose standards.... I mean I would fit in so, so well if I was born in the victorian era.... alas Tongue Out

chen

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 10:48 am
FINKEL wrote:
once you see the persons body, the pretty face doesnt really help

In my book, face trumps figure every time. You can ignore what's from the neck down, but you can't ignore the face. what are you going to do--talk to a waistline?

To me, what's more of a turnoff than excess weight is sloppiness. I'd rather look at a person who can lose a few but is neat, stylish and well-groomed, than at a perfect 10 who is slovenly.

ny21

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 8:42 pm
o :arrow:

Last edited by ny21 on Thu, Jul 26 2012, 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

nicole81

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 11:00 pm
I'm personally much happier being overweight and pretty (or so me and dh think and that's what counts.) because when I finally shed the weight, I know how nice I can look.

ny21

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 11:02 pm
I feel that I would rather be PRETTY ! Lady .

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 1:20 am
Quote:
In my book, face trumps figure every time. You can ignore what's from the neck down, but you can't ignore the face. what are you going to do--talk to a waistline?

Unfortunately.. ppl do that..

To me, what's more of a turnoff than excess weight is sloppiness. I'd rather look at a person who can lose a few but is neat, stylish and well-groomed, than at a perfect 10 who is slovenly.[/quote]

This is soooo true.

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 4:01 pm
I have always felt that someone who is pretty, put together, but overweight is more attractive than someone who is not pretty and skinny. Most guys would rather someone who is attractive and a little overweight than someone who isnt pretty and skinny Surprised

chen

Post Mon, Sep 11 2006, 11:49 am
SevenSenses wrote:
and I don't think the mirror lies to me.. I think the mirros is very honest..

Oh, yes it does, and oh,no it isn't. anorexic women look in the mirror and see a hippopotamus. many a bald, potbellied, pasty-face guy looks in the mirror and sees an Adonis. The mirror reflects what's in your head, and nothing more.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 13 2006, 2:58 pm
As someone who has a model-material face with a fat body, I can tell you that I would rather be thin and uglier. No one notices my face - everywhere I go I am the "fat girl."

Tefila

Post Wed, Sep 13 2006, 4:50 pm
All these people who r saying pretty is more imp then weight is it b/c they r perhaps over.... talking about unbiased Twisted Evil

shoy18

Post Wed, Sep 13 2006, 4:55 pm
Tefila wrote:
All these people who r saying pretty is more imp then weight is it b/c they r perhaps over.... talking about unbiased Twisted Evil

I dont agree, I think a pretty face and a fat body is nicer, and I am not fat at all

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Sep 13 2006, 5:04 pm
I think that both options are stinky.

Someone can be obese with a pretty face, but nobody will notice b/c the fine features are obscured by fat. Oftentimes it's hard to tell that an obese person is pretty until they lose the weight and their features come out. I never dreamed that Carney Wilson was even close to pretty until her weight came off.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 14 2006, 5:18 am
shoy18 wrote:
Tefila wrote:

I dont agree, I think a pretty face and a fat body is nicer, and I am not fat at all

Same.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise