Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
S/O bracelet-Did you love your jewelry?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:39 pm
I got engagement ring and earrings and chose both. Love both, still

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:47 pm
We don't do "kallah jewelry" except for a ring. My inlaws chose my engagement ring. While I would have chosen something different if given a choice, why would I make a big deal about it? The ring isn't what matters; the chosson is. The ring can be stashed in a drawer after the wedding if you dislike it. The chosson, not so much.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:48 pm
My ring and necklace were both cheap fakes DH bought himself, for show until he could afford real ones to replace them with, which I loved and chose myself

The only jewelry I really got was a bracelet his parents bought, which I never liked. Found out years later that that was actually fake too. Good one.

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:04 pm
I love my bracelet, it's different and a lot more intricate then the standard tennis. I hate my ring, tiny solitaire diamond with no setting. Earrings I chose, got a choice of 10. Don't love it and if I would have had something else to choose from I never would have picked those. My yichud room perls are out of style so dh replaced with a nice diamond necklace that we chose together.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:04 pm
I made one specific request during the engagement not to receive pearls imagine my surprise when in the yichud room that's exactly what I got!! Sometime after sheva brochos I finally got the courage to question why I got pearls... So apparently they were gifted to him for his kallah and he felt bad to say no. So yeah, never wear them. Oh well
Rest of jewelry was a mix, some I liked some OK. Now we choose together Smile

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:09 pm
De Iker Is De Yingel, Nisht De Ringel.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:09 pm
I love my jewelry with the exception of the necklace I got in the yichud room which I didn’t pick. My in laws let me pick everything else. That’s the smart way to do it, tell the jewelry store the amount you’re willing to pay and have the kallah pick. You’re spending the money anyways, may as well have her get something she likes.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:17 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
I made one specific request during the engagement not to receive pearls imagine my surprise when in the yichud room that's exactly what I got!! Sometime after sheva brochos I finally got the courage to question why I got pearls... So apparently they were gifted to him for his kallah and he felt bad to say no. So yeah, never wear them. Oh well
Rest of jewelry was a mix, some I liked some OK. Now we choose together Smile

lol same. I told my chosson I have two sets of pearls and never wear either, so please get anything else…I got pearls because his parents got them for cheap. They are sitting never used on my shelf.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:23 pm
I think it's a shame when people feel resentful that they didn't like the kallah gifts....or they get upset that they asked for something and didn't get it. It's a gift...take it and say thank you. Be grateful. I do think it's different once you are married and spending you and your dhs money...then since you are essentially paying for your own gift you should like it. But when you are engaged , and if the in laws are paying for it...IMHO take what you get and be grateful...you can always upgrade later on in your life.

happy7

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:24 pm
I chose all my own stuff and I really had buyer’s remorse.
Too many times.
It had nothing to do with my chosson. I just really didn’t choose properly. It took until I turned 40 for me to CHOOSE a piece of jewelry I really really like.

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:26 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
I think it's a shame when people feel resentful that they didn't like the kallah gifts....or they get upset that they asked for something and didn't get it. It's a gift...take it and say thank you. Be grateful. I do think it's different once you are married and spending you and your dhs money...then since you are essentially paying for your own gift you should like it. But when you are engaged , and if the in laws are paying for it...IMHO take what you get and be grateful...you can always upgrade later on in your life.

But if the kallah is the one wearing it, shouldn't she like it? It's a waste to buy and then never have her wear it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:34 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
But if the kallah is the one wearing it, shouldn't she like it? It's a waste to buy and then never have her wear it.

Yes it is,
But there is a line between not being what you would have picked and being entitled.

amother
Jean

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:34 pm
I got a choice of six rings and chose the one I like best.
My necklace I got a few options and chose one. I honestly dont love it but it's sentimental so I wear it all the time.
Thats the jewelry I got and I dont want more.
I also chose my leichter and im happy with it.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:02 pm
Loved my kallah necklace. Don’t like my ring but it’s very similar to what I wanted and when I get the money I’ll change the setting.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:09 pm
amother Coffee wrote:

I just didn’t want anyone wasting money on something I knew for certain I wouldn’t used. I thanked them and moved on, but I’m not a pearl person and I was trying to make sure they didn’t waste their money on something I had no use for. It wasn’t something I ever got upset about or made a fuss about. Give people the benefit of the doubt here! We were asked if we liked our gifts, we are answering honestly 🤷🏻‍♀️.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:09 pm
I only received a ring. Dh and his mother picked it out and she told him not to waste his money on a ring for me. It's so tiny. I wouldn't want to lose it but I don't love it either. There are many things wrong with the setting. The only thing I do love is that my mil didn't pay for it because she's a terrible person. It was less than $100

It's the only jewelry I've received.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:35 pm
I absolutely loved my bracelet.

For my ring, I wanted a classic Tiffany setting. The store didn’t have exactly that-it wasn’t as raised-but I got one pretty similar. However, I picked out the setting without the stone and I didn’t realize DH was getting a smaller stone. I guess I was very naive and didn’t realize that I come from a wealthier family, all my sisters have probably like 2 carat. But I never even thought about it. DH picked quality over size also, so the stone is smaller than 1 carat. I’m ok with the size, I just wish I knew before so I could pick a setting that looked better with a smaller stone. It did not end up looking at all how I envisioned. I sometimes think about exchanged for lab grown but DH is so proud he picked the sparkliest diamond he could find Smile.

StylishTichel

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:59 pm
I lucked out: Dh has great taste in jewelry. He gave me several choices for the bracelet- we both agreed on our favorite. For the ring, I just gave him a picture of what I wanted. Necklace- same story as bracelet.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:20 pm
My mil took my sil to choose my bracelet. sil happily told me it was deja vu because they went together for her to choose her bracelet. Bracelet was not my taste

The ring was a small salt and pepper diamond which I thought I would love forever because of the sentimental value it held. However, some borderline abusive situations that went on with my in-law family at the time became associated with it and the ring just triggered ptsd.

Necklace was not my taste at all but I dutifully wore it every day until the I went to Mikva and it disappeared- I took it off before I dipped and it was gone when I was getting ready to leave.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:42 pm
I didn’t really like any of the jewelry or leichter. But so thrilled with my diamond of a husband… I wasn’t given a choice for any of it, so it kind of makes sense it wouldn’t match my taste. Haven’t exchanged or updated. Don’t have the funds though it’s almost two decades, but I’m so grateful for having my husband that it’s just something I think about now and then, but not upset, BH.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics