Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Tell me I'm not the only one!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Cheiny

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm such an aggressive driver. I admit it. I beep when seeing ppl backing out of driveways or out of parking spots to be able to pass through first. I beep continuously at red lights. I beep when someone is making a u-turn to let me go first. This morning there was a truck in front of me that refused to move so I called the company to call the driver.
Anyone else? Hiding

Are you impatient in other areas of your life, or just when you’re on the road? I know people who turn into monsters when they’re behind the wheel…

mha3484

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:08 pm
Im with everyone else but I will say on the last one in narrow city streets that often go one way, its extremely irritating to be stuck behind a truck that wont move. I never called the company before but have been really really tempted. I can relate to you on only that one.

I went to see my mother one sunday and was stuck behind an amazon van with no driver that took an excessive amount of time to come back out. There has to be a better way to deliver a package to a building like that without making 5 cars wait for you to come out.

Last edited by mha3484 on Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:09 pm
mommyla wrote:
Why do you beep at red lights?

You’re definitely not the only one, but you may be the only one who seems to be proud of it What

I meant green lights

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:11 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Are you impatient in other areas of your life, or just when you’re on the road? I know people who turn into monsters when they’re behind the wheel…

I can get impatient but no one would ever imagine

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
I can get impatient but no one would ever imagine

You gotta work on your manners and middos.

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:19 pm
What's the point in beeping all the time just to get people annoyed at you? It's nothing to be proud of.... Because of an aggressive driver, my husband had an accident the other day with kids in the car and I am lucky they are all bh fine as my car sure isnt. It will really impact my insurance a lot. Because some stupidly aggressive driver who cut off another car on a BUSY highway and four cars had the shortstop because of them. Unfortunately my husband was the last in the chain of short stoppers. It's nothing to be proud of....if you can't drive safe, get off the road.

GoodEnough

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:22 pm
Cheiny wrote:

In my opinion, the ones behind the wheel are covert of whatever the ones who are like this more openly in other areas...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:24 pm
I drive the speed limit and very carefully. I just can't stand the slow ppl on the road like the ones driving extra slow and then finally pull over to the side. Or ppl that try and get away with making u-turns. Don't block the whole street for doing something illegal! I never make u-turns. I don't cut ppl off on the road. I just don't let them come in front of me like someone backing out of a driveway or parking spot.

watergirl

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
I drive the speed limit and very carefully. I just can't stand the slow ppl on the road like the ones driving extra slow and then finally pull over to the side. Or ppl that try and get away with making u-turns. Don't block the whole street for doing something illegal! I never make u-turns. I don't cut ppl off on the road. I just don't let them come in front of me like someone backing out of a driveway or parking spot.

OP, WHY?

Why cant you stand the slow people on the road? What is it triggering in you that you have to honk at then and lost your cool? If you were to let it go and just roll your eyes and stay calm, can't you see how you'd be happier and more at ease?

singleagain

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:28 pm
amother OP wrote:

Unless they don't have the right of way in the coming out of a driveway or parking spot or something. Why you literally almost never get there faster.

I was once driving down a 25 mph road and saw that the light was yellow so I took my phone off the brake and started to coast. The guy behind me was so annoyed he drove around me and he still had the red light. Literally are not saving anytime.

ETA. Yes, usually the person driving has a right of way before someone coming out of a parking spot or something like that, but especially if there's a red light ahead of you. It literally does not cost you anything to be nice.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:37 pm
Also sometimes slow drivers are new young drivers. Why do you have to contribute to their anxiety by beeping?

Iymnok

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:37 pm
Challenge yourself. Go one week without touching the horn.
Please prove me wrong, I don't think you could do it.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:39 pm
I feel like not everyone realizes that that slow driver might be an anxious driver. They're taking their time because they're nervous to turn too soon or not sure if they have space to change lanes...

And beeping at them won't make them LESS nervous.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:39 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Challenge yourself. Go one week without touching the horn.
Please prove me wrong, I don't think you could do it.

Ur right it's too hard. When I have a phone call on Bluetooth it tests my patience not to beep while driving

But thank you for your encouragement

watergirl

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ur right it's too hard. When I have a phone call on Bluetooth it tests my patience not to beep while driving

It is not too hard and you can absolutely control yourself. It’s OK if something tests your patience, that’s the first step to growth. The first step is understanding that this kind of aggressive driving is not OK, and understanding why other drivers trigger you so badly.

I’m not sure what you are really looking for in this thread, but if you want to be able to control yourself and change your driving habits, I have full faith that you can. It takes inner work. You can do it.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:49 pm
My DH is like you.

Before I got married, I touched the horn probably twice a year.

Now, I find myself honking a few times a week!

Some things are so irrating- like yes, slow drivers, ppl doubleparked and blocking the road- which is SOO COMMON LIKE WHY????, kids playing dangerously in the street....

I wish these bothered me less

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:52 pm
OP, I happen to be a calm person who can handle a lot of stress But when someone beeps I get soooo nervous, most of the time they may not even be honking at me, but it makes me so anxious.
I was actually thinking of starting a thread asking if anyone else gets so nervous when someone honks at them or am I the only one?
Please please only use your horn when you must, like to warn someone of real danger.
Thank you.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 3:02 pm
amother OP wrote:

Could you for just one day?
Pretend not to notice the "infractions".
Maybe try to to avoid phone calls while driving.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 3:12 pm
Ha!
I live in Switzerland, and it's against the law, as in really illegal, to honk unless it's an emergency.
Either police is nearby and catches you, or the other driver reports your license plate and you get a 500.- chf (+/- 500 $) fine

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 3:14 pm
amother Orange wrote:
I feel like not everyone realizes that that slow driver might be an anxious driver. They're taking their time because they're nervous to turn too soon or not sure if they have space to change lanes...

And beeping at them won't make them LESS nervous.

As a slow driver (license for just under a year), the extra honking used to make me very anxious. I've since come to realize, that I won't be able to drive like that. It absolutely doesn't faze me when you honk behind me. I will continue driving at my pace, because that's how I feel safe. I will continue make a slower turn, because that's how I feel safe.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette