Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Do the teachers wipe your children in school?
Previous  1  2  3

Do the teachers wipe your children
no  
 42%  [ 25 ]
yes  
 45%  [ 27 ]
other - details please  
 11%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 59

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 10:08 am
Wait, some teachers use gloves to wipe a child?? wow! Not here, I tell you!

Non wiping amother, if you teach in a trial happy school, it can happen for many other reasons, and a kid can always invent something!

I went to dd's school outing and the morot gave me some kids to take care of, and yes I had to wipe them and I did.

de_goldy

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 10:22 am
Ruchel wrote:

Non wiping amother, if you teach in a trial happy school, it can happen for many other reasons, and a kid can always invent something!

I went to dd's school outing and the morot gave me some kids to take care of, and yes I had to wipe them and I did.

I would not want my child in a school where the teachers didn't use gloves.
We use gloves for all diaper changes, helping children on the toilet and helping children change after an accident. Also for any food prep. Of course, gloves are changed and hands are washed thoroughly with soap between any 2 diaper changes etc.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 10:27 am
de_goldy wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

We use gloves for all diaper changes, helping children on the toilet and helping children change after an accident. Also for any food prep. Of course, gloves are changed and hands are washed thoroughly with soap between any 2 diaper changes etc.

Even in the elitist pretentious daycare dd used to attend, they didn't use gloves (they desinfected their hands before and after, though). Must be cultural.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 10:29 am
Ruchel wrote:
de_goldy wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

Even in the elitist pretentious daycare dd used to attend, they didn't use gloves (they desinfected their hands before and after, though). Must be cultural.

I know in one of my childrens school they use gloves, at least for changing the diaper.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 1:18 pm
Merrymom wrote:
amother wrote:
This has nothing to do with helping a little ki or not helping.. I have been a teacher for many yers from little kids all the way up/.. No I would never wipe a kids bottom. I wont even help a boy with his snap pn hi s pants five an older...I wont touch a child. The mother comes out in us and we want to help but I would never never put myself in a situation where I got near a childs private area..not its the year 2010 and many inocent people have gone to jail for something a kid made up. sorry teach your kid to take care of themselves or u do it when they get home...not me..and I love kids and I love to teach and I have many kids and grandkids but I have seen to much.

It's really hard to take this post seriously but on the half of a one percent chance that this is actually a legit post, well I'm so glad you're not my kid's teacher because that is one of the most loony things I ever heard of in my life.

Merry , I hate to tell you but previous amother is correct. Not yet in Yeshivos, but we all know problems exist in yeshivos too, accusations fly. My friend teaches 1st grade in public school & kids come from br dishevelled, unsnapped. She & her collegues will always stand right outside classroom doors & get teacher next door to watch them help child straighten out. Get a witness & try to coach child to do most of it themselves.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 2:55 pm
amother wrote:
Merrymom wrote:
amother wrote:
This has nothing to do with helping a little ki or not helping.. I have been a teacher for many yers from little kids all the way up/.. No I would never wipe a kids bottom. I wont even help a boy with his snap pn hi s pants five an older...I wont touch a child. The mother comes out in us and we want to help but I would never never put myself in a situation where I got near a childs private area..not its the year 2010 and many inocent people have gone to jail for something a kid made up. sorry teach your kid to take care of themselves or u do it when they get home...not me..and I love kids and I love to teach and I have many kids and grandkids but I have seen to much.

It's really hard to take this post seriously but on the half of a one percent chance that this is actually a legit post, well I'm so glad you're not my kid's teacher because that is one of the most loony things I ever heard of in my life.

What crazy school is this? We're worried about frum female pre-school teachers now?

Merry , I hate to tell you but previous amother is correct. Not yet in Yeshivos, but we all know problems exist in yeshivos too, accusations fly. My friend teaches 1st grade in public school & kids come from br dishevelled, unsnapped. She & her collegues will always stand right outside classroom doors & get teacher next door to watch them help child straighten out. Get a witness & try to coach child to do most of it themselves.

boymom

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 11:09 pm
amother wrote:
Merrymom wrote:
amother wrote:

Merrymom - Thumbs Up - exactly what I thought about this amother poster too. and btw I have a suspicion that the two amothers are the SAME pple because just look at the grammar and spelling....

I'll say it again, it is totally legal to wipe a child cuz I work in a very legal place and we have massive inspections which we pass beautifully....If there is any school with a no wiping policy I think mothers should complain about it. a child's comfort and health comes before any academics...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers