Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
So UPSET~7-11 Lied WWYD
Previous  1  2  3

debsey

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 10:41 am
In order to sue - you'd have to demonstrate substantial harm. If her blood sugar had spiked, necessitating an emergency C-section, she might have a case.
In this case, you write them a strong letter. You get a letter of apology and maybe a coupon from the head office.
So, no, I wasn't seriously suggesting a lawsuit. The kashrus implications do worry me.
debsey

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 11:13 am
I haven't read the whole thread. disclaimer Smile

I would assume, though, that the slurpee you buy is in fact concentrated syrup and crushed ice. if you ever look at those syrups before they are mixed, you will note that the orange flavor is actually a much deeper hue when concentrated. it is actually possible that the syrup was too concentrated in that particular mixture.

unlikely, though.

op, you need to learn not to trust people with your health. don't blame them. they're just trying to sell you something. sometimes, they don't realize that food related health issues are serious. that's life. YOU know how serious it is, so you need to be extra careful.

a question: mango is a distinct flavor, even when artificial. why did you drink the whole thing?

I advise you start making fruit smoothies at home and having them available for snacking. artificial stuff always has mystery ingredients.

debsey

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 12:42 pm
Hey, can we all ease up on beating up on OP? She's pregnant. She wanted a treat. She went for the SF option. She doesn't sound like an idiot - of course she knows that she could have made herself a FF, SF healthy organic coconut stevia sweetened whatever. But what she wanted was something easy and fast. Maybe she was exhausted. Maybe she was overheated. Maybe she's feeling down.
That's why it's called a TREAT. Occasionally, people want one. It's not that big a deal.
debsey

Yocheved84

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 12:42 pm
As I type this, I am sitting here staring at two coupons for free drinks at Starbucks...because I wrote the company a letter after they gave me a sugary-drink...after showing them my medical bracelet. You need to contact 7-11 corporate and let them know that what their franchisee did was dangerous, and that you will be letting others know.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise