Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Matching siblings
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Cinnamon

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 2:56 pm
So I did not read all responses I have 4 boys that were all 2 years apart the best thing was I went into a store bought 4 of the same tshirt and I put into the closet a pile of 4 so when choosing outfit for the next day it was only one design shirt and everything went with black pants. So I have that my kids all got a chance to choose clothing for the next day was simple for everyone they went into white shirts at bar mitzva

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 3:05 pm
I actually had a really funny dilemma this year.

I had 2 Chanuka parties on the same night. One was an MO crowd and the other was my Chassidish family. My daughters wears a uniform so the 2 dressier outfits that I got for Chol Hamoed matched to her brothers. If my kids had gone to the first party matching it would've been weird, but if they went to my family party not matching they would've been nebs. Ended up getting something coordinating for the boys (they needed another top) and came out on top šŸ˜‚

flowerpower

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 3:21 pm
Chayalle wrote:
So he's going to learn that suddenly when he goes to Yeshiva or camp?
Sounds like a hard adjustment.

I dunno, I guess to me a 9 year old is starting to get a little older and grow up...why not have him start to develop independence? Just makes sense to me. Don't baby him so much.

I gotta ask my SIL if his mother laid his clothes out for him when he was 9.

My sons went to camp, yeshiva, dorm etc and they seem fine. They didnā€™t struggle at all. I do lay out my boys clothes for the next day and I am not worried. Itā€™s easier for me, for them, and for the bus driver that doesnā€™t have to wait.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 4:50 pm
synthy wrote:
People who don't like matching kids, are you also not into matching dinnerware? Or what about matching bins in a closet?

Kids aren't bins.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 1:14 pm
Thanks everone for your opinions. I appreciate it.
It seems like some people are extremely against matching and others like it.
I will continue matching my younger ones.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 4:01 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
I actually had a really funny dilemma this year.

I had 2 Chanuka parties on the same night. One was an MO crowd and the other was my Chassidish family. My daughters wears a uniform so the 2 dressier outfits that I got for Chol Hamoed matched to her brothers. If my kids had gone to the first party matching it would've been weird, but if they went to my family party not matching they would've been nebs. Ended up getting something coordinating for the boys (they needed another top) and came out on top šŸ˜‚

This is what I don't like, to call kids that are not matching nebs. Why is that? There is nothing nebbech in being unmatched!

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 7:27 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
This is what I don't like, to call kids that are not matching nebs. Why is that? There is nothing nebbech in being unmatched!

I know that and you know that, but in some families it is deeply important so in order for my kids not to feel left out we made it work

amother
Feverfew

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 8:42 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
I know that and you know that, but in some families it is deeply important so in order for my kids not to feel left out we made it work

Do what makes YOU feel good, not what other people think.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 9:01 pm
I love matching my children!!! I have my 2 boys first and I love matching them and then I have my little girl. I donā€™t match her but I like when she ā€œblends.ā€ My older son couldnā€™t wait for his younger matching brother to come to school with him and come on his bus. Itā€™s like he now has someone on his ā€œteam.ā€ Itā€™s good for camaraderie. My own sister was 8 years younger than me so we were never able to match. All my friends matched their siblings. I felt so left out lol LOL

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 9:03 pm
And by the way from a fashion pov- even in the no Jewish world matching is a thing. I see gap, childrenā€™s place and other companies (maybe Ralph Lauren- donā€™t remember where else I saw itā€¦)
They have FAMILY matching. As in mommy daddy sister brother
I guess some of u are behind the times in fashion Tongue Out

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 9:04 pm
I have an intense sense of joy when I dress my kids in coordinating outfits. I love how neat it looks!
I'm also the type to iron their clothes and use gel in their hair.

I'm chassidish and I find it fascinating to see how in other circles kids would wear a unicorn oversized top, mermaid printed skirt, rainbow socks, and purple sandals (not exactly but similar:)). The girls' hair are usually not made and most likely the kids are thrilled and mom is too. Just find it really interesting.

If your kids look like this, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

bsy

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 9:07 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
I have an intense sense of joy when I dress my kids in coordinating outfits. I love how neat it looks!

I'm chassidish and I find it fascinating to see how in other circles kids would wear a unicorn oversized top, mermaid printed skirt, rainbow socks, and purple sandals (not exactly but similar:)). The girls' hair are usually not made and most likely the kids are thrilled and mom is too. Just find it really interesting.

There's a huge range between matching everyone head to toe and what you describe

amother
Bergamot

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 9:18 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:
I always wonder if the people who donā€™t match their kids, same gender, realize how sloppy they look. I donā€™t get how pp who donā€™t match their kids donā€™t get this.

Does anyone in the entire world dress their children in the same outfit at the same time, outside of the chassidish and yeshivish world?

amother
Bergamot

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 9:21 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:

I find it fascinating to look at the uber wealthy and how they dress their kids. Or actual royalty, like Kate Middleton. Grandchildren of presidents, or children of celebrities. None of them dress their children in the same outfit at the same time.

bsy

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 9:26 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
And by the way from a fashion pov- even in the no Jewish world matching is a thing. I see gap, childrenā€™s place and other companies (maybe Ralph Lauren- donā€™t remember where else I saw itā€¦)
They have FAMILY matching. As in mommy daddy sister brother
I guess some of u are behind the times in fashion Tongue Out

I think this is relatively new, and only bec ppl post family pictures on social media. Not for every outfit every day

Last edited by bsy on Sat, Feb 10 2024, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 9:34 pm
When you look at real European/Spanish upper-class websites, all the clothes are coordinated. I can stare just for the sake of enjoyment. It's just soooooo adorable.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 10:18 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
When you look at real European/Spanish upper-class websites, all the clothes are coordinated. I can stare just for the sake of enjoyment. It's just soooooo adorable.

Which websites?

amother
Sage

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 10:50 pm
bsy wrote:
I think this is relatively new, and only bec ppl post family pictures on social media. Not for every outfit every day

Itā€™s not new at all. And it is every day wear. Itā€™s also a huge thing in the south

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 12:12 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
I always wonder if the people who donā€™t match their kids, same gender, realize how sloppy they look. I donā€™t get how pp who donā€™t match their kids donā€™t get this.

LOL LOL LOL
We are super sloppy I guess!!!
If I had loads of money, id do matching. I think it looks very cute on younger kids. But we're tight on money, so my kids wear mostly hasn't me downs and I supplement what's needed

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:33 am
amother Apple wrote:
I was Gona say the same but didnā€™tā€¦.. didnā€™t Wana be harsh. But yea. Itā€™s such a messy look everyone dressed in something elseā€¦.

Please explain exactly how itā€™s messy to not have your kids in the exact same outfit? Itā€™s a family not a boarding school or legion of soldiers.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics