Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How to get child to stop hitting siblings

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:40 pm
DS is 7, His go to response towards any frustration when it comes to his siblings is to punch them, it’s really really not ok, and I end up just going off on a tirade when he does it. I know this method is not helping, threats also don’t work as I’m usually not consistent with it. I would love to hear what worked for others.

Thank You!

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
DS is 7, His go to response towards any frustration when it comes to his siblings is to punch them, it’s really really not ok, and I end up just going off on a tirade when he does it. I know this method is not helping, threats also don’t work as I’m usually not consistent with it. I would love to hear what worked for others.

Thank You!

How's his language?
Is he impulsive in other areas too?
Have you problem solved with him about it?
Yelling at him won't help. He probably hates himself for doing it but doesn't have to propper skills to do differently.
I'm not judging, I'm just stating the facts.
(I have 2 children with adhd. One is inattentive, and hyperactive. The other extremely impulsive and hits too sometimes. I know the stuggle. I'm talking to myself here too)

Have you asked him why he hit, what he can do differently next time? How he feels when he hits. How he feels before, after?
This will give you a lot of clues and ideas how do help him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics