Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How come Yeshivas Mir is calling back the bochurim?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:30 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
Ironically, the mir yeshiva was the one yeshiva that was saved during WW2

Ye because they fled.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:33 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Gedolim don’t have nevuah.

You should be very careful with your words. Gdolei Israel are called 'Eynei Ha'eda'

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ye because they fled.

On forged passports, after the borders closed.
At this time the MIR is in Israel, our promised home land, the one so many people are defending, so are many many other sems and yeshivos, The rabbeim that came in are now going back home. Your son does not have to join us here but at this point nobody from his yeshiva feels the need to stay in NY.

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:36 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
So glad I added more smiles to your day! What a joyous topic, WW3.

Oh no, the war isn't what's funny. It's how you're trying so hard to stay in control of what will happen. I think it's high time we just acknowledge how little we control our lives and just let Hashem run it for us.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:37 pm
Wow!! This thread reminds me how thankful I am that I moved to EY and can raise my kids between people that have real emunah. Sadly I spoke like the some of you when I was in the USA just a few years ago. Come here for a few months, your life will change for the better.
You have no idea what it's like to live a life of peace and tranquility by leaving it all up to Hashem!
I wish it upon all of you!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:39 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
Or you can leave la-la land and face reality with the rest of us

And do what? Please tell me. Run away?
You too would also benefit from emuna ve bitachon lectures. There are plenty of them online.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:41 pm
We take a gamble every day just by living. Things can happen if we go out as well as if we stay home. We need to do our hishtadlus to be safe. If our gedolim are saying that boys coming back to learn is considered safe we need to trust them. None of us know what will happen and our lives are in the hands of Hashem regardless of our location. As long as we did what we were told is the right thing to do we can be calm that things were not in our control. It may seem safer to keep our boys near us but it’s just an illusion and probably a result of some anxiety. So to answer your question op, they are calling back the boys because they feel it’s safe and responsible. If you are concerned you can keep your son home.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:43 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
Wow!! This thread reminds me how thankful I am that I moved to EY and can raise my kids between people that have real emunah. Sadly I spoke like the some of you when I was in the USA just a few years ago. Come here for a few months, your life will change for the better.
You have no idea what it's like to live a life of peace and tranquility by leaving it all up to Hashem!

Yes, I agree with you. My emunah and bitachon are so much stronger because I live here among people like you.

@Bnei Brak,
Thank you for defending us in this post!

We live in the land that Hashem promised us and it's not always easy. But we have emunah that it is where we should be now.
We also work hard not to instill fear into our kids which is why we don't always "act" as scared as we feel inside. Instead, we have bitachon and take our kids to the park to play.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:43 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:

Same. And as much as I am fearful and not careless at all, I walk around doing my thing knowing that we are all in this right now together. There is no bigger healing power then that. Forget the meals and the insane amounts of chesed.
I went yesterday to buy some winter gear for my kids at the mall and wherever I went, people were supporting each other- What they were wearing on their heads makes no difference, we are truly brothers and sisters
Never would I have ever felt that hug walking in a mall in the US...

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ye because they fled.

If schools in Jerusalem are open then why shouldn't the yeshivot be open too? Please tell me.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:09 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
I do know Israeli's and her comment is spot on.
I think that Israeli's have way more emunah and bitachon then those in chul, which results in them being more calm, happy, and careless. It's a good thing, not a negative.

Maybe carefree? Careless is a pretty negative word.

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:10 pm
I would argue many chutz boys are not full grown adults, something about the culture here.
I do not necessarily think chutz is any safer than ey.
But the question is in the event of worldwide mayhem, does ds stay with the family together or be together with his yeshiva, but btw, the rebbeim have wives and children of their own to look out for.

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:17 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:

I would love for the two gedolim who spoke of this nightmare on chol hamoed / hoshana raba on video to be recorded addressing this situation, giving guidance to all of the parents in this predicament.

QUoted from Reb Moshe Sternbuch

People learning here who live overseas do not need to leave the country
at present. However, they should make sure that their passports are valid and any
paperwork is in order, in case they have to return home.
Rav Sternbuch was asked whether bnei Eretz Yisroel who have the easy
possibility of moving overseas temporarily should do so should the situation
deteriorate G-d forbid. He responded that they should not, but should rather have
bitochon, since Eretz Yisroel has protective power. Of course, Rav Sternbuch has
noted in the past that bnei Eretz Yisroel are expected to act in a manner in
consonance with the sanctity of this country.
Someone living in Yerushalayim is living in the most protected location
in the world, since it is the location of the Beis Hamikdosh. The holy Arizal did
not want to live in Yerushalayim because of the high degree of sanctity that
would be expected for his avoda were he to live here. We do not have such issues,
since such levels are not expected of us. On the other hand, again, a ben
Yerushalayim is naturally expected to behave in consonance with the sanctity of
the mokom hamikdosh.
When asked if people should move temporarily to Yerushalayim in the
current situation, Rav Sternbuch responded that there was no point, since one
cannot attain the status of a ben Yerushalayim just through temporary residence.
An American girl learning in a Seminar who wants to stay here but whose
parents want her to come home asked whether she has to listen to her parents.
Rav Sternbuch said that she can stay here since the merit of Eretz Yisroel protects
us.
Rav Sternbuch is telling visitors from overseas returning home that they
should not forget bnei Eretz Yisroel, and continue to pray for them, and that they
should know that any calamities happening here will spread overseas “like an
infectious disease”

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:18 pm
Because we are mobilizing the army of Hashem
B ruchnius
And
B gashmius

Moshiach now!

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:19 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
If schools in Jerusalem are open then why shouldn't the yeshivot be open too? Please tell me.

I think you're being a bit hard on OP
If her son was here already, you might be right.
But he's in America now and she has a question whether to send him back considering that much of Israel is under attack. That's a valid question.

I just think it should be asked to her daas Torah and not to imamother.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:19 pm
Certainly she can ask a shaila and do what makes sense for her family

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:22 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
I think you're being a bit hard on OP

The harshness is due to her choice of words, and her underlining attitude of expectation that the Mir continue to run upstate until she feels like it is time to return to Israel.
Obviously letting go as a Mom is a hard thing to do

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:26 pm
The thread title question is why is the mir reopening? So the posts address that question

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 2:19 pm
Most of this conversation would not have happened if the OP had not called us "careless".
And then a different poster would not have told us to come out of la la land.

If the OP would come out and apologize for her misunderstanding of those of us that live in E"Y I think many posters would back out and let the thread continue down it's intended course.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 2:31 pm
OP they have every right to reopen. The situation in Jerusalem has been pretty quiet bh. Nobody is forcing anyone to go. If you aren't happy about it don't send your son.
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics