Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Gift for therapist (pt. ot, speech, ect).
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 10:36 am
those of you with your babies recieving any therapy such as physical therapy or speech or occupational therapy, who come 1-2 a week to work with your kids, do you give them a chanuka gift? if so what? thanks!

GAMZu

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 10:44 am
One of our therapists gave my baby a gift! That was so sweet and unexpected. I should have thought earlier, but maybe a card with the kid's photo... but it will take too long already to do that now.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 10:53 am
gamzu did you give her a gift? I don't see my therapists giving mine a gift but someone was just telling me it's a good idea to give them gifts.. never thought of it before tho.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 11:05 am
I didn't give anything.
Only one of the therapists gave, and it was a toy that she thinks is great for her development, so they will be using it in therapy.

So, if anyone can help me and amother out... what to give? Smile

imasinger

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 11:15 am
How about a gift certificate to Amazon?

GetReal

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 11:15 am
There are a few threads on this from last year and earlier on...do a search.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 11:29 am
I already did a search but there were not that many that came up so any ideas will be helpful..

amother

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 3:53 pm
bump

MommytoB

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 3:54 pm
this year, gift certificates to barnes and noble.

chocolatemilk

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 4:01 pm
last year I made a big tote bag for all the toys our therapist carries with her. I made it out of some cute fabric and she loved it. now her niece claimed it and she asked me for another one.
you could always go with the same type of stuff you give a teacher, candle or soap sets etc...

Stayci

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 4:04 pm
On snapfish, you can make put a picture of your child on a tote bag. I found that cute, since the therapists can always use it for the homecare cases.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 4:23 pm
In go to the local store and get a good crystal piece and fill with nice chocolate and thank you card. Last year dd got two nice gifts from her therapists.

yedidya's mom

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 5:39 pm
I have done all kinds of things. You have to know what your therapist will like. I have done gift cards to barnes and noble, gift cards to starbucks or dunkin donuts. One time I did havdala candles bec. they were all jewish, although not frum so I thought it would be something interesting. Last summer I got them gift ceritificates for a manicure-pedicure (20 $) and the absolutely LOVED it. I know that it adds up, believe me! Between my kids I am giving 8 gifts to therapists this year. But I do think its worth it- these ppl work with our kids all yr. Bh we dont need to pay for it, but we should show them our appreciation. And I think if they have positive feelings towards you and your kids, they will work better with your children. Just my 2 cents.

Nomad

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 6:30 pm
maybe a visa gift card (which is basically money, so they can spend it on whatever they want) together with a nice card with a photo and heartfelt thanks.

home-made baked goods are always nice too...

GAMZu

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 8:29 am
I wanted to order a personalized pen from VistaPrint but there wasn't time to wait for delivery.
Instead, I bought very pretty folders and good quality pens. I wrote a message inside the folder, on the white area, like in a greeting card. So they have something useful and personal, too.

6coop

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 7:15 pm
I give all of my kids' therapists Target giftcards. It's a little lame but there's something for everyone at Target. For therapists who see my kids 2x 30 min./week I give approximately $15 (more or less depending on my situation and how I feel about the therapist).

leahsurie

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 7:32 pm
I gave my ds teachers a visa gift card and a box of chocolates. The new gift boxes that look like pringles, did anyone see those?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 7:37 pm
sorry to hijack but am I the only threapist who didnt get any chanukah gifts Confused Crying Sad

amother

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 7:44 pm
I'm an sc, I did get a gift from a thoughtful parent. Anyone buy their sc a gift?

(its totally unneccessary, just asking..)

amother

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 7:48 pm
what is an sc?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics