Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help me find place to go hot, nice, and with minyan
1  2  3  Next

myprincess

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 2:11 pm
Hi! anyone any ideas where I could get away for a week the place should be nice weather, with access to kosher foods and minyanim.

p.s I am bored of Florida anything else....

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 2:18 pm
Minyan every week? Pretty much anywhere with a Beth Chabad or a local community.

Minyan every day? You'll have to stick to big cities. Take a map or Europe, Africa, Asia... and choose. And then check. Or you could go to Israel.

Butterfly

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 2:32 pm
How about Palm Springs, California.
Palm Springs is known to be the most beautiful city in the entire U.S..
There is a Chabad community there, of course..(and where are they not?? - Baruch Hashem!) Bais Hamedrash, Minyan daily, and Mikvah too.

My children were there before Chanukah. They enjoyed it allot.

BTW, I'm bored of Florida too..

Enjoy where ever you go.

happy12

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 3:17 pm
Scottsdale, Arizona

myprincess

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 6:35 pm
Thanks I want to stick to US destinations since im pregnant and do not want ot travel too far, and other ideas

red sea

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 9:06 pm
Mexico?

Butterfly

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 12:51 am
Mexico ain't in the U.S... Wink

myprincess

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 2:47 pm
I actually was thinking of mexico but people told me its dangerous to go while pregnant, germs, drugs...

Tamiri

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 2:54 pm
Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Diego (warm, not hot), Eilat, Dubai

catonmylap

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 3:00 pm
Las Vegas, but it's not exactly hot...but much warmer

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 3:01 pm
Tamiri wrote:

Dubai? Are you serious?

Tamiri

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 3:06 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Tamiri wrote:

Dubai? Are you serious?
What, about it's being hot there? The OP wants nice... I don't think it gets nicer then that Burj al Arab suites hotel. I'm not sure about the minyan there, though LOL

red sea

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 3:11 pm
What about a different part of florida? The keys?

How about islands in N. America? A popular travl agent might know where enough people are going to get at least the minyan part.

jewels

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 4:29 pm
Also bored of Miaimi! I think there's a chabad house in honolulu or it may be Mauii - I forget which. I looked into it a few years ago when planning a vacation. Google kosher vacations and you should be able to come up with some info.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 10:27 pm
Tamiri wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
Tamiri wrote:

Dubai? Are you serious?
What, about it's being hot there? The OP wants nice... I don't think it gets nicer then that Burj al Arab suites hotel. I'm not sure about the minyan there, though LOL

Lol! In general, Jews aren't even allowed in to Dubai!

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 10:36 pm
San Juan, Puerto Rico and surrounding areas. It's about the only tropical island that's 'kosher' enough. It is breathtakingly beautiful. You have minyanim there 3 times a day and if you do day trips, can manage to be there for all minyanim. It is really THE most awesome vacation.

And the best part is that it isn't jampacked with your entire community. I can post some photos if you want to see what it's like.

myprincess

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 11:49 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
San Juan, Puerto Rico and surrounding areas. It's about the only tropical island that's 'kosher' enough. It is breathtakingly beautiful. You have minyanim there 3 times a day and if you do day trips, can manage to be there for all minyanim. It is really THE most awesome vacation.

And the best part is that it isn't jampacked with your entire community. I can post some photos if you want to see what it's like.

Hi! this sounds great, I was thinking of it but I wasnt sure there is minyan there, could you give me some more info, you can pm me, please I need your help I need to book my vacation ASAP. would love to see pictures...

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 11:54 pm
myprincess wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

Hi! this sounds great, I was thinking of it but I wasnt sure there is minyan there, could you give me some more info, you can pm me, please I need your help I need to book my vacation ASAP. would love to see pictures...
There should be minyan there all year round. But if you davka want to know, you can call the local chabad house there.

What information would you like? I'll try to post photos shortly.

yodikat

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 11:54 pm
I vote for San Juan, PR as well. The place is beautiful, the beaches are gorgeous! If you stay in San Juan, you are most likely to have a minyan at the chabad house as now is their peak season with vacationers. If you choose to go to other parts of the Island, there is no chabad house or minyan.

and....there is Kosher food avaliable through Chabad, you can view the menu on their website and order ahead of time...and...they deliver to your hotel so you dont even have to leave the premises to pick-up!

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Dec 23 2009, 12:00 am
yodikat wrote:
I vote for San Juan, PR as well. The place is beautiful, the beaches are gorgeous! If you stay in San Juan, you are most likely to have a minyan at the chabad house as now is their peak season with vacationers. If you choose to go to other parts of the Island, there is no chabad house or minyan.

and....there is Kosher food avaliable through Chabad, you can view the menu on their website and order ahead of time...and...they deliver to your hotel so you dont even have to leave the premises to pick-up!
You can go to the other parts of the island and still manage most tefillos with the minyan. We've done Culebra island and back the same day. The rainforest the other day etc...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics