Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Guest has nits!

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 6:59 pm
I'm babysitting a little girl for the week (4 more days left) and today she came home from school with nits Surprised ! I am panic stricken...this is the first time I've had to deal with this, I'm terrified of my kids getting it, and freaking out about repulsive little insects taking over my entire house! I cringe at the thought of meticulously going through all of their heads with the lice comb - dd has very long hair, omg this is gonna take forever...and how in the world am I going to get my super-active, stubborn little 16-month-old to sit still and have his hair thoroughly combed and checked??? aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Puke Crying Help Shaking Why oh why do these things have to happen to squeamish people like me? Shouldn't there be some kind of lifetime exemption on grounds of inability to tolerate creepy crawlies???
Heading out to get some kind of treatment stuff...
Advice, anyone?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 8:20 pm
Tell the mother to come home !

itsme

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 8:23 pm
have her sit on a chair with a book. this might ease you and have her sit still.

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 10:15 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Tell the mother to come home !

Unfortunately, she can't, for shivah-sitting reasons - she didn't go on vacation Sad .

mltjm

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 10:42 pm
don't have any advice for getting it out if you're kids alreaady have it, but try putting lots of leave in conditioner, mousse and hairspray in your kids hair as a preventative measure. The lice don't like it- it makes hair too slippery I think. Also, bag any stuffed animals for two weeks in plastic bags and wash all your linen with hot water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics