Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Wheezing, please answer asap

ROCHELLE

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 8:40 pm
my 6 year old is wheezing and the nebulizer is not helping. do I need to call a dr now or could it wait for the morning?

Hodu Lashem

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 8:48 pm
Call the doctor! If you are in NY, it is not that late now. Don't worry, you won't be bothering her/him. That is what they're there for. If it was a bad time for them, they would have another doctor covering for them.

B'kitzur: CALL

MinnieMa

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 8:59 pm
It's always better safe than sorry. I agree wiht the above poster. Call the doctor!! refuah shelama!

Tehilla

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:00 pm
yes, please call.

refuah sheleima.

ROCHELLE

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:10 pm
thanks for your reply. I realized that it must be an allergic reaction cuz she has hives on her stomach so I gave her benadryl. im waiting to see if it will help.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:27 pm
I'm no doctor but do have kids who occasionaly need nebulizers, and sometimes when its really bad, you need to add Pulmacort to the nebulizer, or take liquid Prednisone, to to totally get the airway open again. Also sometimes my Ped. tells me to nebulize 2x if its really bad. I would for sure call your Pediatrician. If he wouldnt want to be bothered, he would have chosen another profession.

PIP

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:30 pm
How often are you putting him on the neb? Do it every 2 hours see if it helps. if not you need to call the doctor. (BTDT too many times for my liking)

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:32 pm
Benadryl can mask allergy symptoms, breathing issues need an ER. Bendryl will not stop wheezing.

ROCHELLE

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:43 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
Benadryl can mask allergy symptoms, breathing issues need an ER. Bendryl will not stop wheezing.

I thought so too up until last time she had an allergic reaction, she was wheezing and her stomach was full of hives. I then called hatzolah and they gave her benadryl right away saying that whatever happens outside happens inside and thats what cauzing the wheezing. Bh shes fine now I gave her benadry, the hives are down and she stopped wheezing.

Thanks everyone for your help

Hodu Lashem

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:53 pm
B"H!

PIP

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 10:01 pm
ROCHELLE wrote:
Mommy3.5 wrote:

I thought so too up until last time she had an allergic reaction, she was wheezing and her stomach was full of hives. I then called hatzolah and they gave her benadryl right away saying that whatever happens outside happens inside and thats what cauzing the wheezing. Bh shes fine now I gave her benadry, the hives are down and she stopped wheezing.

Thanks everyone for your help

That makes perfect sense. B"H I'm happy she's feeling better! Allergies are not fun!!

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 10:36 pm
just keep in mind that when someone is wheezing they are struggling to breath and sometimes the only thing that will help is oxygen along with the stronger meds that only an er can give ...

please ask your dr for a breathing tester so you can see if how difficult her breathing is and ask what level is indicative of the er ...

refuah shelaima !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics