Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
PJ Pants Continued = POLL!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

lucy

Post Sat, Jan 29 2005, 9:23 pm
Oh man I tried to do the Quote and it didn't work out! Exploding anger
How do you do that, well basically Hadassa I ment to congradulate you on a good median instead it look like I was complitemting myself sorry! embarrassed

Tefila

Post Sat, Jan 29 2005, 9:28 pm
Hadasa
Quote:
Both I and my daughter wear pajama pants under a nightgown.

In your pic it looks like you have daughters as apposed to a daughter ..... unless it's my eyes and if so I'm in deep trouble.... and thats for sure a whole new thread Wink

queenie

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 11:17 pm
First of all, pj's are not pants. They are also not mens clothing. Pyjamas are worn only in the bedroom, when I leave my bedroom I put on a housecoat. A woman, child or man should wear a housecoat outside the bedroom if they are wearing any kind of bedroom clothing underneath. I was brought up that you do not walk around the house in a nightgown. I always wore a nightgown and always hated it. I was so happy when I grew up and could finally buy my own pyjamas.

My daughter wears pyjama pants. She travels all over her bed and is completely uncovered, no blankets or anything. If she were wearing a nightgown exactly wear would that end up? I don't think any Rebbe would think that is tzinius. If she were wearing pants under a nightgown, I think no one would see the nightgown because it would be under her armpits and then it would look like she is just wearing pants.

So, that's where we started isn't it? Just let her wear the pants. Rolling Eyes

Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 10:14 am
I am with queenie on this. my girls wear pj pants in the winter, and a house coat when they walk around. in the summer they wear nightgowns, which they love, but for the winter, it's too cold. they also always kick off the covers. it's important they stay warm.

hadasa

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 2:37 pm
freilich wrote:
Hadasa
Quote:
Both I and my daughter wear pajama pants under a nightgown.

In your pic it looks like you have daughters as apposed to a daughter ..... unless it's my eyes and if so I'm in deep trouble.... and thats for sure a whole new thread Wink

Freilich - shock shock And I thought my picture was too blurred to recognize anything!!!! Can you tell which are the girls???? Did you use a magnifying glass???

Actually, I only have two girls, and the second one is not yet one-and-a-half. She sleeps in one-piece sleepers or pajama pants only. (No nightgowns LOL )

Maybe you mistook the two-year-old for a girl? Didn't you see the Yarmulka on his long hair? Tongue Out Better get your eyes checked!! LOL

micki

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 10:27 pm
the 2 on the left towards the bottom look like girls- with skirts! which one isn't?

hadasa

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 12:55 am
Ah, I see where you got confused. The second one from the left is the baby, and I'm holding her, so what you see is my skirt.

Tefila

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 1:37 am
Quote:
The second one from the left is the baby, and I'm holding her, so what you see is my skirt

Wow hadassa would never have known. Pic can be so decieving!

juggler

Post Thu, Feb 24 2005, 7:55 am
Hi, this is my first time posting as well, so I hope it goes through. I also live in a climate that is freezing for a good few months of the year. Many (most) of us also do the switch from snowpants to a long down coat (with an extra pair of leggings on top of the tights) at age 3. I will also stop pj pants with my girls at age 3. Inside the houses are warm, and if not, they can always wear leggings underneath their nightgown. As a girl, I always wore nightgowns, unlike many of my friends. I remember one girl who told me that she finally decided to wear only perfectly tznius pajamas when she was babysitting somewhere overnight and there was a fire in the house in the middle of the night. She found herself on the street in a t-shirt and pj pants. After that, she decided to always be tznius at night as well. (I don't wish on anyone such an impetus for a hachlota.)

chen

Post Sun, Nov 06 2005, 11:19 pm
hadasa wrote:
Both I and my daughter wear pajama pants under a nightgown. I think this is the best way, Tzniuswise. When my daughter sleeps without pants, she ends up with her legs totally exposed.

Clap, clap, clap. (I don't have the thumbs-up smilies).

chen

Post Sun, Nov 06 2005, 11:29 pm
chanam wrote:
She found herself on the street in a t-shirt and pj pants.

I have on three different occasions had to evacuate a hotel room due to a fire alarm and twice had to run out of the house due to a fire in a neighboring apt. Consequently, I sleep in s/t that will look as much like street clothing as possible. usually that is a long nightshirt that looks like a regular blouse when an elastic-waist skirt is worn over it. I keep an elastic-waist skirt right at hand so I can throw it on on my way out.

yoyosma

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 12:07 am
I grew up wearing blanket sleepers, pajamas and nightgowns, depending on the weather.
With my DD, so far its been pajamas and sleepers. I dont like nightgowns, as they usually end up under my daughter's armpits. She also kicks off her blankets, and ends up completely exposed. I also have mosquito problems that seem to never be fixed (apartment living!!! Rolling Eyes ) so I dont want any part of her body to be exposed, especially if the air is on because then its cold!
She knows her pj's are only for the night, and doesnt wear them during the day.
I think whatever anyone chooses to do is fine, as long as you have your reasons to back you up.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 3:12 am
I grew up wearing whatever I wanted to bed. in the winter it was, and still is, sweat pants and sweat shirts and in the warmer months shorts and a t-shirt or tank top. if there is someone sleeping in our apartment, then I put on a robe when I get up, but if it is just myself and myhusband, I just go to the bathroom in the morning as I am from waking up.
and what I am wearing is NOT beged ish. they are sweat pants, bought in the lady's section in the mall. the summer stuff is bought in the lingeerie department, so they are for women.
and in the winter, growing up, witha LOOOOOT of snow, we would sometimes wear sweatpants under our skirts. it was just another layer, that was all.

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 11:18 am
I think I'll only buy nightgowns to my future daughters, no need to learn bad habits with pants and then have to fight them. It’s never so cold in a house that you need pants!

As for outside, only dresses & skirts but when I went to the playground my mom used to make me put on shorts/bermudas on under the skirt and I think it’s better than being totally untsnius while playing. If it’s really cold, I think thick thighs should be ok since kids aren’t supposed to stay outside in the cold for more than necessary and French weather is bad in winter but not Siberia either...

chen

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 10:31 am
Ruchel wrote:
I think I'll only buy nightgowns to my future daughters, no need to learn bad habits with pants and then have to fight them. It’s never so cold in a house that you need pants!

As for outside, only dresses & skirts but when I went to the playground my mom used to make me put on shorts/bermudas on under the skirt and I think it’s better than being totally untsnius while playing. If it’s really cold, I think thick thighs should be ok since kids aren’t supposed to stay outside in the cold for more than necessary and French weather is bad in winter but not Siberia either...

ruchel, please stop making global pronouncements based on your long worldwide experience. It's getting annoying to those of us who are a few weeks older and have lived in a few more far-flung places than you. Paris has a relatively mild climate--have you spent a winter in Stockholm? Or even an unheated wooden tzrif in the hills near Yerusholayim? There are certainly places in the world where it is cold enough to require pants in winter at night. There is absolutely nothing wrong, and everything right, with wearing pants under a nightgown.

mumsy23

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 11:11 am
Ruchel wrote:

What habits are we fighting? Its mutar to where pants in the privacy of my own home with dh and I do not find myself fighting the urge to wear my pj pants outside the home!

Also, who says it it bad for kids to stay outside in the cold for more than necessary? In the winter, I bundled up my then 12 month old and we stayed outside for hours. Not only is it not bad - ITS VERY GOOD! Fresh crisp air - much better than the dusty home polluted air inside!

mumsy23

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 11:12 am
Also, ruchel, you are going to make your 5 month old, or even 1 year old wear skirts and dresses only?

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 11:49 am
chen wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

ruchel, please stop making global pronouncements based on your long worldwide experience. It's getting annoying to those of us who are a few weeks older and have lived in a few more far-flung places than you. Paris has a relatively mild climate--have you spent a winter in Stockholm? Or even an unheated wooden tzrif in the hills near Yerusholayim? There are certainly places in the world where it is cold enough to require pants in winter at night. There is absolutely nothing wrong, and everything right, with wearing pants under a nightgown.

I was talking about houses, not unheated places. Sorry but in a house you can turn the heat on, use tons of blankets... I don't think it's wrong to wear pants under a nightgown, just not something I would want to do and make my future girls do. For me you can even wear pants outside, some rabbis allow it so and many MO women do... no need to get all defensive even if you had a bad day... Rolling Eyes

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 11:53 am
Quote:
What habits are we fighting? Its mutar to where pants in the privacy of my own home with dh and I do not find myself fighting the urge to wear my pj pants outside the home!

Sure you don't. But I know examples of moms who let their daughters wear pants inside and the kids didn't understand why they could only wear them inside while many wore it outside too. They didn't seem to see the difference between pj pants and pants.

Quote:
Also, who says it it bad for kids to stay outside in the cold for more than necessary? In the winter, I bundled up my then 12 month old and we stayed outside for hours. Not only is it not bad - ITS VERY GOOD! Fresh crisp air - much better than the dusty home polluted air inside!

To each their own.

Quote:

Also, ruchel, you are going to make your 5 month old, or even 1 year old wear skirts and dresses only?

As soon as she'll be too old for baby stuff, yes. I don't know how old it would be.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 1:09 pm
I know ppl who allow their daughters to decide for themselves not to wear pants. in other words, the daughters will see for themselves that it is MUCH BETTER to wear skirts. that way it will not be something that the daughter will rebel against. she will come to it herself.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers