Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Condolence card for non-Jewish estranged relative

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 11:28 am
My step-brother (who I am not on speaking terms with -his choice) is married to a non-Jewish woman, who -while I don't know her, did consent to 'friend' me on facebook.

Yesterday her elderly grandparents died in a house fire. I am going to send her a condolence card, but I want to make sure to word it properly, not to offend (since I really dont know her) and obviously not saying anything overtly Jewish.

any ideas?

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 12:31 pm
sorry for your loss

louche

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 12:42 pm
I must say it's exceptionally nice of you to want to send condolences to a person who is, in essence, a total stranger. Good for you!

Dear stepsister-in-law,

We were so sorry to hear of the sad loss of your dear grandparents. How you must be grieving for them, taken from you in such a terrible way. May you be comforted in due time, knowing that nothing can hurt them any more. Please accept our heartfelt condolences.

In deepest sympathy,
Ima2NYM and family.

PAMOM

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 12:48 pm
It IS nice of you--you're reaching out to someone in pain. Just say you heard the tragic news and you're so sorry for her loss. I usually add something about knowing the person will be comforted by the happy memories of times shared.

PAMOM

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 12:49 pm
It IS nice of you--you're reaching out to someone in pain. Just say you heard the tragic news and you're so sorry for her loss. I usually add something about knowing the person will be comforted by the happy memories of times shared.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 4:19 pm
louche and pamom,

I took bits and pieces from both of yours-thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics