Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Crockpot meal

MMEC123

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 6:52 pm
I'm looking for a whole meal that I can make in a crockpot for shabbos day. I'm bored of cholent. I was thinking of some kind of chicken and vegetables. Anyone have a recipe like that you can share? Thanks.

Flowerchild

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 7:04 pm
ok I have this recipe and if your in the mood to do it...

chicken breast pieces
carrots
chickpeas
zuccini
squash
celery
sweet potato
regular potato
home made or store baught vegie broth
salt
pepper
cumin
safron or turmeric(turmeric is better)
cous cous

in a pot put all the vegies season with salt, pepper and a mixture of cumin and turmeric and drizzle over the vegies, put some oil and let it cook a bit. than add the vegie stock to cover and let cook some more maybe like 20 min. than add whatever was left of cumin and turmeric mix, mix together layer the chicken breast pieces over the vegies cover and put in oven( I have a crockpot that I can put in oven) let it cook for an hour. make cous cous on a side. when everything is done you serve vegies over the cous cous and chicken on the side. you can out the crock pot over night on low heat.

lubcoralsprings

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 11:35 pm
Turkey and Lima Beans

I take 3 turkey drumsticks, 2 cups of lima beans, 2 medium onions, 4 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, garlic powerder and onion powder and place it in a crockpot with 7 cups of water on low in the morning and you have a great dinner. YOu can also substitute lamb for the turkey.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus