Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Fake Stomach Ache Complaints

malky800

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 12:17 am
What should I do when my daughter starts with her fake stomach ache complaints?
I'm almost certain it's fake, since
A. it's not constant and she does not seem to be in too much pain.
B. It comes up at convenient times, right when it's time to go to sleep, all of a sudden in the middle of the day, she's like 'mommy my tummy hurts, can I have medecine'.

I have no idea what made her start this meshigas. the first time she did it was to a babysitter, when she was going to sleep, so I think it would be over, but she must think it's cute, becuase she keeps doing it now 1 week later, she tells me , 'wow mommy my stomach hurts my for so long, since that babysitter was here ." ha ha . ...

so what do I do? just ignore it and start talking about something else. or am I supposed to pretend along and be sympathetic each time, until it passes?

amother

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 12:48 am
For starters, before deciding it's fake, take her to a doctor.

I had this with one child every night he would claim he had a stomach ache. The doctor thought it may be phsycological but still sent me to a pediatrition just in case.
The ped asked me if I ever had migrains and I said yes I did when I was a teen. He told me the stomache aches were a version of a migraine and that possibly when he gets older he'll have the real thing.

What he told me to do was give him parecetamol straight away when the pain starts. His theory was one episode leads to another so best to stop it in it's track before it hurts full blown. He told me to do that for a period of time which I did and B"H the stomach aches went away.

but don't do what I did on your own accord before first speaking to a doctor

bluesclues

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 10:15 am
you should taker her to the dpctor
many times strept shows up as stomach pains

malky800

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 10:17 am
When your kid did that, did he sound like it really hurt?

like for example when she goes into bed and says, 'my stomach hurts', so I told her, the best thing would be to go to bed.
I would assume if it would really be hurting her, I'd hear from her 5 minutes later, 'mommy it still hurts, or something.'

Tehilla

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 10:25 am
my daughter frequently complained of stomach aches.

we had two major revelations...one homeopathy helped, and two she's very very sensitive to food coloring and chemical additives in food.

she'd drink orange juice and say her stomach hurt.
eat yogurt and say her stomach hurt.
have something with preservatives/colorants and complain her stomach hurt.
be upset and say her stomach hurt.

sometimes I dismissed it until I started tracking when it happened and what happened that day and/or what she ate.

we're actually just about to start a holistic program in the house to get to the bottom of this. I hope there will Be"H be major success.

bluesclues

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 10:25 am
I dont agree
if shes been complaining for a few days you should definitly take her to the doctor

Tehilla

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 10:26 am
oh, and yes, I say you should get it checked out. kids don't always complain incessantly/constantly.

Savta2010

Post Sat, Jan 09 2010, 5:36 pm
Definitely take her to the doctor and have it checked out. Also if it is for attention perhaps set aside a few minutes a day, maybe before her bedtime, to sit with her and talk with her.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jan 09 2010, 6:29 pm
Are you a working mom? By us, the only ones who stayed out of work/school either were throwing up or having diarrhea.

I'd def check it out, but send to school anyway. Bad chinuch to stay home for every little ailment.

cranberry

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 8:24 pm
amother wrote:
For starters, before deciding it's fake, take her to a doctor.

I had this with one child every night he would claim he had a stomach ache. The doctor thought it may be phsycological but still sent me to a pediatrition just in case.
The ped asked me if I ever had migrains and I said yes I did when I was a teen. He told me the stomache aches were a version of a migraine and that possibly when he gets older he'll have the real thing.

What he told me to do was give him parecetamol straight away when the pain starts. His theory was one episode leads to another so best to stop it in it's track before it hurts full blown. He told me to do that for a period of time which I did and B"H the stomach aches went away.

but don't do what I did on your own accord before first speaking to a doctor

What is parecetamol? My daughter also complains frequently of stomach pain. We've had it checked it out by the ped and by a GI, and they didn't find anything. We did some natural healing things which helped, but it didn't totally go away. We also recently discovered that she has cyclical vomiting syndrome, which apparently is related to migraines. So it's certainly possible that her stomach pain is related to migraines too. Is parecetamol a generic name of something? I'd like to ask her doctor about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics