Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Help! Cant get Hi Riser down to Bsmt-bed suggestion?

overthehill

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 8:38 am
After trying in vain to get a hi riser downstairs to our basment after construction we now realize we have a problem . We should have carried the beds down before the banister was put on....... but we didnt and now I dont think even a 33" hi riser will fit. Is there such a thing as a hi riser that can be "built" in the basement? I need 2 beds down there, but have no room to leave 2 beds open all day all week.

Is there such a thing as "great" comfortable folding beds? I really dont want that.

Please- some suggestions please- for thos of you with very tight spaces- how do you get beds in?

sky

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 12:51 pm
Can you take off the banister and put it back on once they are downstairs?

overthehill

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 1:04 pm
I wish- the wood banister was just put in- What were we thinking???? shock
I dont think it would help anyway- the ceiling is now too low.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 1:14 pm
a daybed that is just like a high riser but wood and you have to assemble it ... of course the bottom part is exactly the same ...

and yeah you can unscrew the new banister and move the bed ...

overthehill

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 1:46 pm
thanks- I cant move the banister. It was put together in the basement piece by piece- It didnt come as a whole unit-

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 2:05 pm
well I see you must be finished with the floors ... who needs to hire me anyways ...

overthehill

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 2:09 pm
Thanks greenfire- trust me, I dont think you would have wanted this job- it wasnt only the banister, it was a major disaster going on in here.... Smile

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 2:14 pm
I wanted the job - I told ya so ... how do you think I make a parnassah to keep toilet paper on the roll ... Rolling Eyes

right then the gantz velt can question why I need tzedaka ...

overthehill

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 2:17 pm
I think you would have paid ME to get off the job. Then you would be left with nothing. You know how sometimes a job is upposed to go smoothly, pain free, no suprises...... Well, lets just say it wasnt like that. And besides, my workers have been cursed out in every language by DH and I (of course to ourselves), and we cant wait to see them go... You wouldnt want to be treated or thought of like that, would you?

elmos

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 2:47 pm
A friend of mine just bought 29inch high risers for her tight space I do not know if that would work for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics