Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Submitting unsolicited articles in magazines

Alef Bais

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 1:18 pm
Has anyone ever had success with submitting unsolicited articles to Jewish magazines like Binah and Mishapacha etc...?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 1:56 pm
Yes. Binah gave me the runaround for a year and finally published my article. mishpacha got back to me right away but then they just left me hanging..

LeahW

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 3:09 pm
Out of curiosity, do these publications pay for your articles?

granolamom

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 3:35 pm
my sister has submitted unsolicited articles to both and has been published a few times. I think they pay around 7 cent/word or something like that but can't say for sure.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 4:14 pm
Yes, I've been published this way. Mishpacha paid decently (I mean a respectable price you couldn't flat out laugh at). Many frum publications don't pay anything. I freelance this way more to make certain points and increase certain awareness and for emotional fulfillment than for parnassa.

Alef Bais

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 9:35 pm
So I guess you just have to keep trying and do it for the love of writing and that's it, huh? Smile

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 10:51 pm
I've published a poem in the Spirit magazine and Our Tapestry. They were quite thrilled to have something new to print, but Mishpacha and Binah might be more choosy because they cover a wider renge of topics. (Or maybe they just loved it because it was so good. Very Happy ) And I did not get paid for my poem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics