Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dd earring hole is stretched

smoms

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 10:15 pm
what am I supposed to do? Take the earrings out and hope it grows back?? Get it stitched up? Nothong?

any advice???

clowny

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 11:27 pm
Two of my dd also have their holes stretched, I took the earrings out and they werent wearing it for about a year and it didnt get better. I will probably have it stitched when they get a little older. I dont have any other advice, but just that you know that ive learned that it happens when little kids wear hanging earrings, its way to heavy for those small ears.

life'sgreat

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 11:47 pm
smoms wrote:
what am I supposed to do? Take the earrings out and hope it grows back?? Get it stitched up? Nothong?

any advice???
Depends on how it happened and how long ago. Was it a very recent tear? Or did it slowly stretch? If it wasn't a very recent tear there's nothing really you can do other than have surgery when they are older. I have very stretched holes from sleeping with earrings. I slept very deeply and even though it was bleeding when it got stuck in the bedding, I didn't wake up. I decided not to have surgery.

clowny

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 11:53 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
smoms wrote:

any advice???
Depends on how it happened and how long ago. Was it a very recent tear? Or did it slowly stretch? If it wasn't a very recent tear there's nothing really you can do other than have surgery when they are older. I have very stretched holes from sleeping with earrings. I slept very deeply and even though it was bleeding when it got stuck in the bedding, I didn't wake up. I decided not to have surgery.

I dont think surgery is the only solution, stitches can work as well.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 12:21 am
clowny wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
smoms wrote:

any advice???

I dont think surgery is the only solution, stitches can work as well.

I was told that they'd need to cut the ear all the way through and then stitch it up. Sorry. I got confused. I didn't mean surgery per se.

shanie5

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 11:35 pm
dd woke up one morning with her hole now a line-with a thin thread of skin holding the bottom of the ear together. It healed itself (she stopped wearing earrings). a few years later she re pierced her ears-so far so good- and its been a least 2 years since she repierced them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics