Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
*Spinoff Burned By Therapist Thread* Can We Call A Truce?
1  2  Next

MommyZ

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 3:09 pm
We breastfeeding Mommies and lactivists will not tell you that your formula is poison and that your babies will be scarred for life if you will stop saying that you think nursing babies and toddler is wrong or gross or makes you want to puke etc.

*I reserve the right to say that breastfeeding has been proven by every major health organization to be best for babies but will try to do so in a sensitive and non-confrontational manner. You may reserve the right to say that you feel it is not right for you just like I feel formula is not right for my babies.*

Atali

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 3:12 pm
MommyZ wrote:
We breastfeeding Mommies and lactivists will not tell you that your formula is poison and that your babies will be scarred for life if you will stop saying that you think nursing babies and toddler is wrong or gross or makes you want to puke etc.

*I reserve the right to say that breastfeeding has been proven by every major health organization to be best for babies but will try to do so in a sensitive and non-confrontational manner. You may reserve the right to say that you feel it is not right for you just like I feel formula is not right for my babies.*

Sounds good to me.

happyone

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 3:19 pm
Ok. Whatever you say.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 4:52 pm
I fail to see the connection between this and the therapist thread, besides for the fact that you started a bf debate on a thread that had zilch to do with the topic...but in any case I'm fine with your OP on this thread...

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 4:55 pm
I really think that the comment had more to do with a therapist using paid time for personal (childcare) needs, rather than saying that breastfeeding in general was gross.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 5:00 pm
Mirabelle wrote:
I really think that the comment had more to do with a therapist using paid time for personal (childcare) needs, rather than saying that breastfeeding in general was gross.

Yes. I'm that person with the therapist who abused my session by caring for her child. I have no problem with watching people breastfeed. I myself nursed at the time. And I pumped and had babysitters just so I could attend therapy without distractions. I expected the same courtesy.

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 5:06 pm
amother wrote:
Mirabelle wrote:

Yes. I'm that person with the therapist who abused my session by caring for her child. I have no problem with watching people breastfeed. I myself nursed at the time. And I pumped and had babysitters just so I could attend therapy without distractions. I expected the same courtesy.

I agree. Therapy is expensive enough as it is.

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 5:28 pm
while we're about it, when you quote a long conversation, delete some of it! that thread was so hard to read becasue of the endless quotes in quote s in quotes.

Another breastfeeding advocate who would be very annoyed if someone I was paying $150+ an hour to was nursing during a session. I'm not sure where puking comes into it though.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 5:58 pm
MommyZ wrote:

You totally misunderstood my puking comment. It's the thought of a therapist doing that. It's highly inappropriate. As inappropriate as a teacher, or an executive doing it during a meeting. It's just not something that should be done.

I breastfed my son, loved every minute and don't find BFing pukeworthy in any way. If you fail to see the issue with a therapist doing that during a session, I don't think I can make you see it.

MommyZ

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 6:31 pm
Sheesh I'm sorry that I ruffled so many feathers. I was trying to make things better because Atali said in that thread that there were mothers who criticized bottle feeding mothers and I've seen breastfeeding criticized here so I thought why not call a truce on all of that. In terms of a therapist breastfeeding babies while she is working I am in therapy and have been therapy before and wouldn't find it offensive no matter how much I am paying. The needs of a baby or babies come before anything else. Could she have arranged to have her babies needs met in some other ways? Maybe or maybe not. I was simply saying that the reason for this thread was a comment that Atali made in that thread not that I wanted to rehash that whole thread here.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 8:05 pm
MommyZ wrote:
Sheesh I'm sorry that I ruffled so many feathers. I was trying to make things better because Atali said in that thread that there were mothers who criticized bottle feeding mothers and I've seen breastfeeding criticized here so I thought why not call a truce on all of that. In terms of a therapist breastfeeding babies while she is working I am in therapy and have been therapy before and wouldn't find it offensive no matter how much I am paying. The needs of a baby or babies come before anything else. Could she have arranged to have her babies needs met in some other ways? Maybe or maybe not. I was simply saying that the reason for this thread was a comment that Atali made in that thread not that I wanted to rehash that whole thread here.

It's all good. Smile I read this thread before that one. I feel like I ruffled feathers by writing my comment. I still think it's inappropriate, period. Smile

MommyZ

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 8:08 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:

It's all good. Smile I read this thread before that one. I feel like I ruffled feathers by writing my comment. I still think it's inappropriate, period. Smile

You are entitled to your opinion. I just don't want mothers who have not bf in the past but might reconsider if they didn't think bfing moms were trying to force bfing on them to go away with a bad taste in their mouth when they feel attacked on this site.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 8:14 pm
MommyZ wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion. I just don't want mothers who have not bf in the past but might reconsider if they didn't think bfing moms were trying to force bfing on them to go away with a bad taste in their mouth when they feel attacked on this site.

Whatever. We'll go round in circles. It was an attack on the therapist.

MommyZ

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 8:16 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:

I know but this thread wasn't about attacking or defending therapists. Smile

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 9:52 pm
MommyZ wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:

Round and round we go. Bounce

MommyZ

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 9:54 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:

Round and round we go. Bounce

Eh what's the point. I try to do a nice thing and it comes back to bite me. This is the second time it's happened in two days but this I can handle much more then what happened the first time.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 9:57 pm
MommyZ wrote:

Eh what's the point. I try to do a nice thing and it comes back to bite me. This is the second time it's happened in two days but this I can handle much more then what happened the first time.

I'm really not sure what's bothering you. It was a misunderstanding, and as far as I know, it was cleared up. Or am I wrong?

MommyZ

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 10:01 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:

I'm really not sure what's bothering you. It was a misunderstanding, and as far as I know, it was cleared up. Or am I wrong?

Yes it's all better but I'm upset about something else entirely. Everything is fine between us. I just had a very upsetting situation with my daughter.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 11:36 pm
MommyZ wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:

Yes it's all better but I'm upset about something else entirely. Everything is fine between us. I just had a very upsetting situation with my daughter.
Hug Hug

Lash out at me rather than your daughter. It's better for everyone. I can take it.

Hope things work out.

MommyZ

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 11:42 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
MommyZ wrote:

Hug Hug

Lash out at me rather than your daughter. It's better for everyone. I can take it.

Hope things work out.

Why would I lash out at my daughter? She was victimized. I'm still horrified at what happened.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics